Part Five

Skyfall cursed under his breath. He had missed his target!

He had no time to scold himself. The target had gone out of sight in that small window of time . Skyfall decided he should wait until the target showed himself. He should also take care. He was dealing with another sniper,according to the file scroll he had hurriedly read. Until then,wait and cover the entrances.

                            ***

Trogon watched the other Nightwing. His opponent was taking shelter behind a stall on the roof. The barely visible tip of the barrel was aimed in the direction of Trogon's deceased friend's living room,a predictable move for the other sniper's guessing. His opponent had guessed he was in the living room taking refuge,since it was the only place were Trogon could return fire. Trogon was instead in the bedroom,somewhat covered,and it also offered another position to shoot his opponent.

He loaded a sleeping dart in his blowpipe chamber. He needed to know who wanted him dead this time.

He waited and waited. Eventually his prey would grow impatient and investigate his disappearance.

By the time the dawn was starting to arrive,Trogon saw a dark shape hop from roof to roof in his direction. He heard the street vendors begin to call out advertisements in the cool dawn air. Trogon took aim,and fired. Success!

He glided down to were his opponent had fallen,and searched his dart bag. He took out spare darts,and put them in his own sheath. At the bottom of the bag,he touched a hard,sharp object. He drew out a small copper band inscribed with a adder's  head.

Now,he had some clue as to who was trying to kill him!