hold me close

James•

I arrive in my apartment late at night. I had to take the senior classes today because Eldon was sick.

I toss my dance bag in the laundry and take a shower.

Today has been really busy and I've been planning a trip with the boys to Los Angeles for another dance competition but this time Riley has decided to tag along with us. She's joined the senior solos and I couldn't be more proud of her.

Riley is an amazing dancer and it was such a shame that she couldn't preform during Internationals. I know that it was Ella who was to blame but after she helped me in England... I couldn't thank her enough.

Riley and I both work as dance teachers for The Next Step as well as choreographers. I'm aiming my sights one day to open up my own studio and get kids inspired to dance just as much as I do.

I slip on a long sleeved T-shirt and some clean sweatpants, it's nearly winter but it's getting cold in Toronto.

I open the door to my room and find a bundle of blankets huddled up on the bed. I smile, it's Riley.

She opens her eyes slightly as I lean against the door frame, "What are you doing here?" I chuckle

Riley rubs her eyes and closes them again, "Waiting for you," She yawns

Riley and I don't live together but we stay at each other's place a lot of the time. I gave her my spare key so it wasn't really unusual to find her here.

"Goodnight Riley," I whisper and turn to leave, deciding I was sleeping on the couch tonight.

"Where are you going?" She asks and throws a pillow in my direction.

I laugh at her and look at the pillow that didn't even make it halfway to me, "Ri, go to bed,"

"Just... please stay with me for a bit," She whispers softly.

I close the door behind me and make my way over to the bed, getting in the many layers of blankets. I lay on my side, facing Riley and she does the same.

"How was your day today?" I ask

"Good and boring. I missed you all day so I decided to wait for you," She whispers

I smile at her, "You could have stopped by at the studio,"

She laughs, "I mean I could but we spend nearly all my time there. I can't wait to go to LA with you," I sigh and run my fingers through her hair, playing with them to distract me, "What's wrong?" She asks concerned.

I shake my head, "Nothing,"

Riley places a hand on my neck, it's warm compared to the coldness of the air. I close my eyes at her touch.

"How's your day today then?"

"Busy and tiring. Eldon being sick is kind of a inconvenience," I answer

"But your happy right?"

I nod seriously, "Of course, dance always makes me happy,"

Riley places her hand on my arm, stopping me from moving my hand in her hair, "I know something's bothering you,"

I frown jokingly, "That's my job, isn't it?"

She laughs, "James, I've known you for a pretty long time as well and yes, I've learned from the best,"

I laugh with her and pull her close to me, Riley buries her head in my neck, "It's about the trip isn't it?" She whispers in my ear.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes, "Yes..."

"And what about the trip?"

"Riley if you're just coming to Los Angeles to avoid what happened last time with-"

I feel her shake her head from the side of my neck, "I want to come with you James, I've always wanted to travel the world and I now have that opportunity. I can dance, travel and most importantly, be with you," Her breath on my neck tickles slightly.

"I'm just scared of losing you, again," I whisper honestly.

Riley pulls away from my neck and places her hands on my chest.

I place my hand on her cheek and pull her closer to me. I close my eyes and feel our noses touching, moving slowly forwards. Our breathing mixes into one and I smile as our lips connect.

Riley smiles into the kiss as well and pulls me closer to her, tangling her fingering in my hair sending shivers down my spine.

I deepen the kiss and she responds immediately. It's nice being so close to each other like this, it's not often that we get the chance because of us teaching dance to kids.

Riley moves her hand to rest at my neck and she pulls away slowly to look into my eyes, both of us breathing heavily, "You're not going to lose me anymore James. Not in a very long time,"

She rests her head on my chest as I lie down in the bed and hold her close to me. Drawing out the coldness of the winter to come.

I draw circles on the bare skin of her arm and Riley snuggles up to me, pulling herself closer to my body in the darkness, giving off a cute yawn.

A wide smile goes onto my face, "Forever then?" I whisper

She nods happily, "Forever, James,"

***
884 words.

I've decided to update every weekend now lol.

Does anyone have any requests? I'm not sure if I should strictly do canon Jiley or do AU's.

But I'm running out of ideas lol.