king & queen

inspired by one of jileyisperf 's book scenes (chapter ten of beauty and a beat)

***
•James•

I take Riley's hand and she giggles, "Where are we going?"

I smile, "You'll see,"

We walk down the dirt road until I finally see the huge banner, held up by two large trees on either side.

Riley squeals in excitement, "You brought me to the fair?" I nod and she jumps into my arms, giggling like a little kid. She's honestly so adorable, "Thank you so much! I haven't been here since I was eight!"

"You are most welcome, my queen," I bow down jokingly and bend down slightly, my arms extended behind my back to invite her for a piggy back ride.

Riley laughs and hops onto my back and I lift her up. She's not really that heavy, I've lifted her heaps of times during dance. Riley wraps her arms tightly around my neck.

"Babe, can you lessen the grip, you're nearly choking me," I chuckle

"Whoops, sorry," Riley leans down and kisses me on sweetly on the cheek.

I smile widely and walk up to the entry desk, "Two tickets, please," I tell the lady at the counter.

"That's ten dollars,"

I look down at my pockets where my wallet is but my hands are currently full, wrapped around Riley's leg.

"Ri, can you get my wallet?" I ask her.

I hear a voice from behind us, "These two are such sweethearts,"

I turn my heart slightly and see a young teenage couple, the girl looks at the both of us with a smile. I smile back at her. They both kind of remind me of when Riley and I started dating, we were so young back then. It's also great to see that people see how much we love each other.

Riley reaches down and fishes it out of my pocket, handing the money to the lady who hands us our tickets, "Enjoy your night," She smiles

"Will do," I shift Riley into a more comfortable position on my back.

"What would you like to do first?" I ask

Riley hums in concentration as her eyes dart around the fair ground, she finally points to a stall near us. It's a game where you have to knock down all the targets with a select number of balls.

I walk over to it and set Riley down, I think I'll be needing my hands for this game.

There's three targets in front of me, each at different lengths away from the throwing zone.

"It's five dollars for five balls, if you manage to hit them all with four or more, you get a minor prize. If you hit them all in three or less, you get a major prize," The man manning the stall tells me.

I hand him the money and glance at Riley who looks at me excitedly. She obviously wants her boyfriend to win and I don't want to disappoint her.

I grab the first ball and throw it at the first target, I hit it right in the centre and Riley cheers me on. I grab the next ball and hit the second one perfectly as well. I grab the third ball and take my time to aim it properly.