Ten Forward

After I went around the ship with Wesley, I began to feel like I missed something. As we walked down the hall, we passed two very familiar doors.

"Ten Forward!" I practically shouted.

Wesley went in before me, and he took my hand, pulling me into the crowded bar.

Guinan was at the bar, serving drinks to Captain Picard and Commander Riker. I could hardly contain my excitement. I sat down right next to the captain.

"Hello Captain!" I said in a cheery tone.

"Oh! Now I don't have to look for you. I've been meaning to talk to you," said Picard.

"You have?" I asked, suddenly I was very nervous. Had I been bad on board? Will I ever get home? Was he thinking of dumping me on Earth? So many questions ran through my head.

"Yes. Will you walk with me to Main Engineering?" he asked. My heart leaped. I was going to walk with the captain of the Enterprise!

"Of course," I said, making my tone as calm as possible. He slowly rose out of his chair, and took one more sip of his Earl Grey tea. I've never tasted Earl Grey, but it is the captain's favorite drink. 

Wesley had stayed behind to talk to Data, who was in the corner talking to Worf. I looked up at Picard as we walked out of Ten Forward. 

"You say you come from the past? 2015 was it not?" he asked, briskly walking, making it hard to catch up to him.

"It just turned 2016, when I ran into you. I was watching, er, you guys," I said.

"How could you watch us?"

"Do you know about movies? TV shows?"

"Yes. Is there a really accurate one about the future?"

"No. You guys are the show. This ship is just a set."

"Is it possible that you are dreaming?"

"No. Everything is too real."

"Yes. Just testing you. Now how much do you know about me?"

"Well, I know that Earl Grey tea is your favorite drink. Also, you really like to collect ancient artifacts. You have a slight crush on Beverly but you don't really know about that yet. You live about four lifetimes because of something. And, you've died about a billion times."

Captain Picard's eyes were in shock. I gave away too much, I didn't know how that would change anything, but it did. I think.

"Have you met Commander Riker yet?"

"Not officially."

"You should. I can't go to Main Engineering right now, but you are welcome to go. Captain's permission, I have to do something on the Bridge."

"Thank you sir!" I ran down the corridor, and walked to Main Engineering.

I walked happily down the hall, not reminded of my loss of my home. I was excited to see the warp core and Geordi and anyone else who happened to be down there. Like Barkley. I liked him.

The doors to Main Engineering opened, and I stepped inside. The beauty of the room overwhelmed me, but then I took in the sight.

There was a warp core engine breach. That's not good.