The Worst Letter Of The Alphabet

I was excited the entire time to Vulcan. I couldn't calm down. Data looked at me from his seat a few times and he tried to mimic my excited posture and activity. I laughed, and he studied me harder, which made my laugh fiercer.

"Ensign, bring us out of warp," said Captain Picard.

"Yes Captain," I said, slowly running my fingers down the screen to lower the warp speed to full impulse.

"Bring it down to half impulse," said Commander Riker.

"Yes sir," I said.

"Vulcan is on the view screen," said Worf. He pulled his suit down, and I adjusted my neck again. Why was it so hot in here?

"Computer, lower temperature levels my twelve percent," said Commander Riker, noticing the rest of the crews faces getting hot. He started sweating himself. 

Soon, the ship's temperature was down to twenty degrees, but the air grew hotter. I was about to start fanning myself with my hand, when Data suggested that we leave the system. We left, and there was no change. It felt like the desert.

"Did we pick up a desert in here?" said Commander Riker in a hollow tone.

"No, but it feels like a desert doesn't it?" asked a familiar voice.

"Q, we don't want your games!" I said, and I looked around the room for his face or anything unusual. Q was the guy I wanted to least see. He was kind of like Loki in Norse mythology, but worse. He didn't kill of course, but he did trick you and does come close to killing. He was cool though, if you weren't in his trickery yourself.

"How do you know my name little girl?" Q asked as he appeared in the captain's chair. Captain Picard had gotten up in search for the voice along with the rest of the crew.

"I know a lot about you," I said. "And of the trickery that is not welcome on this ship." I realized that this was the first time that Q appeared in Star Trek. He eyed me, not wanting to give away anything to me.

"How do you know me? We have never met before," he said. 

"I know that in the near future, you will become human, and beg these lesser beings for help. I know that you think that the human race is dangerous and should be destroyed, that is why you are here. I also know that you send this ship far away to fight the Borg, and we have to fight them from then on. You also appear in front of Captain Janeway and create problems for them too. Your tricks and trials are not wanted here Q, and your species should stay out of our way, we will find it thank you very much," I finished. Q's mouth was wide open in shock.

"Since you know so much you must be able to time travel-," said Q.

"I not able to time travel," I said, interrupting Q.

He smirked and looked at Captain Picard. "She's right, I am here to test you." And he whisked Captain Picard and the crew away, and we found ourselves in the middle of his test. Then we appeared back on the ship, with Captain Picard still in that strange world.

Not on the ship, but in the test for humanity.