What Ifs

"What if we try this-"

"No," I said, interrupting Wesley.

"What do you mean no?"

"We can't do that, my molecules would be ripped apart."

"I'm sorry," he said, and turned away from me, his face in his hands. "I'm sorry."

"No, we just have to keep trying," I said, putting my hand on his shoulder. He pulled away from it and pulled me into a hug. "I need to reach the console," I joked after a minute.

"Fine," he said, and he let go, but I hugged him again. We both were at the console by the time Riker came in.

"How is everything?" he asked.

"We can't find a solution," said Wesley. I glared at him.

"We will find it," I said, desperate for Riker's help.

Wesley nodded reluctantly. "Yeah. We need your help Commander Riker."

"Okay, but you should get Geordi," said Riker.

"He's busy," I said quickly.

"Okay, what's the problem?" he asked.

"There's a temporal fluctuation in the beam waves, but that's fine," I started. "What we are trying to figure out is to get me back. What we want to do, is create a transporter in my world, so I can beam back and forth from yours to mine. Apparently, no time passes when I am in your world. We found that out from Wesley. He found that time does pass when I am back home though. Time passes here regularly, but not in my world. As soon as I leave, the world is frozen, but no one notices.

"We think that we can fix the major fluctuation in the beam particle wave. When I beam to my world, it's okay, but when I beam to yours, it destabilizes, and causes a temporal flux which turns into a class four. My molecules would be ripped apart. Anyway, that's where we are at."   

"Have you tried a simulator yet?  Maybe try beaming certain parts to her world and she can put it together. We can send Data, and then we would have to succeed to bring him back. Wait no, that's too risky. We need to send her there with her own instructions," said Riker. His brow furrowed as he looked at the console. We were in the Holodeck, testing the theories Wesley and I had.

"Yeah, have you worked out anything with Geordi when you talked to him?" I asked, not looking up from the console.

"No. So does that mean that you will still serve on the Enterprise?" asked Riker.

"Yes!" said Wesley when I was opening my mouth. I smiled, he was more excited about me staying than I was.

"You guys should-" Riker started.

"Riker?" asked Captain Picard.

"Yes?"

"Bring the Ensign up, we need to discuss an infraction."

"Yes sir."

I nodded and ran to the Turbolift and got on. I didn't want to leave the Enterprise. Its smooth walls and amazing technology was just thrilling. I couldn't help but pat the wall on the Turbolift before I said the command.

Once I got to the Bridge, no one was there. I rang into the Captain's ready-room.

"Come," said Picard from within. I stepped inside.

What I saw but a large goofy grin on my face.