A Day On The Bridge

My back hurt from the hard mattress. I didn't know how these people slept like that. I went over to the replicator.

"French toast," I said. A plate with four pieces came up. They looked amazing. They were golden brown with powered sugar and cinnamon on them. I asked for syrup and then poured it over the toast.

I ate it up happily, and I got dressed. Before I was about to leave, someone dinged the little bleep.

"Come," I said. It was Captain Picard.

"Good morning Janie. I was wondering if you would like to spend a day on the Bridge," he said. He looked like he had slept well. Lucky him. We walked to a Turbolift. I had had enough of the Turbolift. I wanted stairs. Lots of stairs.

"Have you ever climbed stairs?" I asked Picard. Then I realized, of course they still had stairs. Wow me.

"Of course," he said.

"I just wasn't sure."

"That's okay."

We reached the Bridge just as Red Alert had been called by Commander Riker. I then saw the screen, it was a Romulan Warbird.

"Hail them!" said Captain Picard.

The screen popped up with an ugly face, even for a Romulan. His eyes were sharp. Then I blushed when I realized it was a woman.

"Federation territory is that way," she said, pointing into the camera. "There will be consequences."

"Wait!" I said, surprised at my own voice. "What if we leave right away. We are an exploration star ship. We are the Enterprise, founded not long after we met the Vulcans. You are distant cousins! We should be friends." Captain Picard looked at me. I guess he forgot I was there.

"When did you start hiring children?" she laughed. Her crew behind her laughed as well.

"She is an honored guest on our ship, and very special to learning more information about the galaxy," said Captain Picard. The Romulan lady smiled.

"Valuable?" she asked.

"Very," said Picard. I felt a rush of adrenaline and a slight wiz through the air. A light surrounded me, and then I was on board the Romulan vessel.

I looked around, terrified as the Romulan commander was still talking to Picard. I yelled, and he noticed I was on the other screen. His eyes widened, and he told the transport chief to lock on and beam me back. 

The Romulans didn't give up easily. They held me in their beam, and I was caught between two beams of light. I felt like I was being torn apart. My body was going in and out of view. Then the Romulans were overpowered by the Enterprise's beam, and I was safely aboard on a transport pad.

"Thank you!" I said, and I saw Mr. O'Brien, the transport chief. He smiled and waved, he was always kind like that. "Mr. O'Brien!"

"Yes?" he asked, his voice a bit deeper in person.

"I really like you and your wife sir," I said.

"Wife?" he said, and I remembered that he didn't marry until later.

"Never mind, wrong guy," I said. "Bye!"

"Bye."

I felt dizzy, and nauseous. I fell to the ground, worried that I'd contracted a rare disease from the Transporter. No, my insides didn't feel pain, they just felt, gone.