C H A P T E R • N I N E

Striding down the winding staircase, I inhaled with wonder at the Victorian gothic mansion around me - amazing! Almost tripping with lack of lighting, I concentrated on the velvety steps as I safely made my way down. Referring back to the note, I remembered the room on the left. Inhaling sharply, I mentally prepared myself for what was about to happen. Gingerly turning the silver gleaming handle, I heard a click as the door opened. I couldn't back out now.

The door swinging open, I jumped in shock as a towering figure stood over me. Stalk white eyes gleaming, he took my shaky hand before I could refuse and eagerly lead me into the room. Trying to stifle my hyperventilating, I was almost certain my heart was going to burst out my chest any second. Sensing something not right, Jett stopped abruptly and turned to face me. Delicately taking my shoulders, Jett stared deep into my eyes and with a hint of a smile, spoke in a gentle tone, "Relax".

Relax?

I'd just been abducted, with no idea of my location, had no guarantee of survival and was on the verge of tears every moment of my awakening.

Don't tell me to fucking relax.

Keeping the thousands thoughts rushing in my head to myself, I nodded blandly. Continuing our way, Jett turned his back to me for a second to reach for a match as he began lighting a nearby candle. I tingled with anticipation as my hands instinctively dove into the dark fabric for my key.

It was time to take action.

-
V O T E
C O M M E N T
S H A R E
See you in the next 👀