letter ten

saturday 14 (mar)

dear trevor,

i convinced granny not to send me to therapy. she cancelled the session but only because i told her i made new friends and going to see the therapist would mean i'd have to cancel the trip to the mall. and i didn't really lie to her.

i do have a new friend-- reed. he and i just weren't going to the mall together. but i use past tense. we ended up going together after a desperate phone call at eight in the morning, two hours before the set trip.

i'm lucky he said yes.

he showed up at my door right on time. he gave me a daisy. i hid it before granny saw. i had to tell him it wasn't a date and he just nodded and smiled. it wasn't a happy smile.

i know he didn't want to hear that. i know he doesn't like me the way you did but, his posture changed when i told him. his expression dropped just slightly, his lips turned downward for a moment.

when people smile after hearing news they didn't want, it makes me feel bad. it's like i can feel their heart being set on fire and stomped on. i know i can only empathize with them because i've been put through the same thing.

you would know.

we went to the mall. we just ate and wandered about before going back home. he walked me to my house and bid me a terribly sweet goodbye before leaving.

it was the kind of sweet that makes your teeth ache and fingers twitch. you used to be that way. our love was like that. but i suppose it expired long before we realized it tasted bitter.

now i just have a daisy sitting on my desk from someone who wasn't supposed to be so like you.

love,

leslie

a/n: yo i am so sorry for the wait. i procrastinate too well and am a very forgetful fish. please comment below and tell me how the story is so far!! you know i love comments and constructive criticism c:

p.s. THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL THE LOYAL READERS FOR STICKING WITH THIS EVEN THOUGH I ONLY UPDATE ONCE EVERY LIKE THREE WEEKS ILYYYYY