Chapter Two

Our ride was quiet. Neither of us were speaking for a while. Then dad spoke in a somewhat whispery voice which was echoing in the silent car "We'll be arriving in about two minutes". His voice was sudden; I was deep inside my thoughts. "Are you alright?" he asked me with a worried expression. "I'm ok. Just a bit shaken up" I replied frankly.

The car stopped in front of a two-storey mansion. It had a large garden in the middle of which was a stone path leading to the main entrance. The building itself wasn't as tall as it was wide. It had many windows with large balconies and it was a light tone of yellow. As we were walking to the door I noticed a bench under a weeping willow, it looked so peaceful there. I continued looking around the garden and I noticed that there were all kinds of beautiful trees and flowers, like roses and orchids.

Dad opened the dark wooden door and we both stepped inside. The inside of the house was even more beautiful. As we walked in, on the right side was the amazingly spacious living room. There was a leather U-shaped couch, with the opening facing the door, while in the middle was a glass table with nothing on it but a notebook. Adjacent to the living room was the kitchen. To my surprise, it seemed a lot smaller than someone would expect. There was a long breakfast bar, and many drawers and cupboards. The whole kitchen, in general, had blu, beige and white colours, which made it blend in perfectly with the surroundings.

In the room were five boys. I shook dad's arm and whispered "I thought there were seven". He looked down at me with a look that was impossible to read and with a small smile he said "There are" and looked away. One seemed too old and another one too young compared to the other three. They hadn't seen us yet. The older son looked busy writing in a notebook identical to the one on the table, it had waves on it.

As we walked closer, the youngest boy saw us first. He couldn't have been older than ten and he was adorable. He had dirty blond short hair with a little swoosh on the top left side of the forehead. He had a big excited smile and as his curious dark green eyes were laid on my face he started talking loudly, with enthusiasm "They're here!". The four of them instantly raised their heads and stared directly at me. I tried to keep my cool and bit the inside of my lip nervously.

The older boy stood up first and started walking towards me. He was very muscular and quite frightening. He was much taller than me. He stared at me with his intimidating black eyes, but his look seemed kind and gentle. "Hello, nice to meet you at last Olivia, we've heard so much about you already. I'm Shawn, the oldest. I'm 20" he said and smiled, giving me his hand. I didn't know what to say. Why do they know me? "Oh eh... Hello. Nice to meet you too" I said, at last and shook his hand awkwardly. I didn't know anything about them but they did. Shawn spoke again "And this is Lando. He just turned nine in May" he said and gestured towards the cute little boy. "Hello, nice to meet you, Lando" I said leaning a little towards him and somehow I was much more confident talking to him. "Hi, Olivia! I can't wait to have a sister, I'm sick of brothers" he said smiles sneakily. "Thank you, I can't wait either" I replied and flashed him a wide grin.

My attention was then drawn to the third boy when he approached me. He extended his hand, shaking mine along with a welcoming smile "Hi, I'm Harrison, but you can call me Harry. Nice to meet you!". "Oh, hello. Nice to meet you". He was very pretty. Under the artificial warm light of the living room, his light brown eyes seemed yellow as gazed right at me and his ear-length black hair matched it, emitting a gold sheen.

Suddenly, the couch made a noise when one of the two remaining boys stood up. He was looking at me continuously with the most captivating eyes I had ever seen. The pair of big, bright turquoise eyes complemented his short, light brown hair. He playfully stomped over. I was about to raise my hand to shake his but when he came near enough he hugged me tightly. "I'm James, nice to meet you Olivia" he said, as he was still hugging me, he continued "This is a welcome-to-the-family hug" he finished and let go of me. My face was bright red and all I managed to say was "Hello". Even worse, I stuttered! He smiled at me and I attempted to smile back but I was only able to give him a smile like the ones you have when you're about to visit the dentist. I wanted to die.