Chapter Eight/2

Eithan's P.O.V.
(Night after the kiss)

I lay in my bed that night, thinking of that moment over and over. Her slightly flustered cheeks and her panting breath were intoxicating and I could feel a wave of disappointment taking over me every time I was reminding myself it was over.
'Will I have the chance to feel the sweet touch of her lips again? Would she acknowledge it in the morning? Will she tell me that it was a mistake?' Questions were appearing in my mind that had never been there before, questions that desperately needed answers. I turned over and lay on my side, letting out a heavy sigh. "I'm so screwed.." I whispered to myself and hid my face in my pillow, 'Noah was right about her.. she's having a very noticeable effect on me.. Fuck, I hate it when he's right!'
That was my final thought before heavy sleep took over me.
~~~
(Morning after Olivia's disappearance)
I woke up around 10 am and groaned, not wanting to start another boring day... It was only August and I couldn't wait to start school, yup, I said that... I sighed heavily and put on a blue t-shirt, remembering that once she complimented it for matching my eyes. I looked in the mirror and straightened it. 'My eyes are a little greener than this shirt--' I thought but didn't finish my thought. 'What am I even saying? It's just a shirt' I shook my head and left my room, walking downstairs.

~Time skip/ 5 hours~

Shawn and Lando were gone, Mylo was still sleeping and James was with Noah upstairs in his room. I hadn't seen Olvia all day and it was around 3 pm. Where was she? She can't be still sleeping...

I headed upstairs and knocked on the door. There was pure silence as I waited for someone to answer. I knocked again "Oli?" I asked confused. Nothing. I tried to lower the handle but the door was locked. 'What the hell?'. I frowned and walked to James's room, they were playing Call Of Duty and looking at his annoyed face it seemed like he was loosing. I rolled my eyes "Has anyone seen Oli at all?" I asked in a bored, ostensibly uncaring. Noah paused the game and turned to me, shaking his head negatively. "I thought she was in her room" said James. "I knocked and no one answered, and also the door is locked, and she had neither breakfast nor lunch" I replied.

Noah searched through a drawer of his and found a key "It's the one I had when the room used to be mine" he said and walked to her door. I nodded and followed him. He unlocked the door with a quiet click and he pushed it open. 'What? She's not here?' I frowned and so did my brothers. "What the..." said James. Noah sighed "James, call mum. Eithan, call Andrew. I'll go check outside" he said calmly but the intensity of the moment had had its effect on his gentle attitude. We nodded, knowing he was being logical. As I picked up the phone I felt a strange tingling in my stomach. 'Why is He going to look for her?' I shook my head. 'Eithan what're you doing man? She might be in danger and you're here whining like a little bitch' i sighed and called Andrew, explaining what had happened thoroughly.

Noah's P.O.V.

I headed deeper into the now thickening garden. I couldn't hear anything but the gentle breeze making the brunches moan. 'Casey is somewhere here' I thought and smiled. As I stepped over some bushes I heard a low growl. I smiled knowing it was Casey but my smile dropped when I heard a human squeak. I looked over where the sound was coming from and I saw Olivia crying with Casey about to attack her.

I frowned angrily, she never does that. "No! Bad girl! Go to your house" I ordered her and she did as she was told, walking away cowardly.

I quickly kneeled towards her and my chest tightened when I saw her wet cheeks. I tried to calm her down and thankfully she did rather easily. I tried to tell her to come home but she just gave me a crumpled piece of paper. She looked down and her emerald eyes were cloudy. When I read it I just looked at her and frowned sadly "I'm so sorry Oli" I wanted to hug her, tell her it'll all be fine. All I needed to do was to get her home, I had to... I helped her sand up, she was weak and her shuddering figure worried me. I placed my jacket on her shoulders softly and she put it on fully as we started walking to the house.

(Eithan's P.O.V./~cont)

Mum and Andrew had come home, she wanted to call the police but he was trying to calm her down. She was on the edge of crying but the sound of the key unlocking the door made us hold our breath for a moment. The door creaked open and Noah came in with Olivia somewhat hiding behind him. Her skin was pale but her cheeks were red with embarrassment.

A small smile appeared on my face as sighs of relief were breaking the silence. They came in and Noah closed the door behind him. Oli was looking down embarrassed when her father asked for an explanation. I observed her appearance head to toe, her legs and knees were muddy and her grey converse shoes were slightly damp from the wet morning grass. She was wearing Noah's jacket on top of her thin long-sleeved shirt.

'Why is she wearing that?' I pouted as she headed upstairs with her father. 'That was supposed to be My jacket she's wearing, not his. I'm supposed to be the one who--" I held my breath and left my thought incomplete. What was I thinking? That's completely and utterly insensitive. I blushed. 'Dude! Snap out of it. He was just trying to help, it's not like he likes her or anything..' I nodded to myself and went to my room.

* * * * *

I had been listening to music for a couple of hours and I glanced out of my window. "Getting darker" I mumbled to myself and stood up.

I left my room and walked across the hallway. I stood in front of her door and sighed, laying two light knocks on it. "Who is it?" asked and gentle singing voice. I smiled "It's me sweet cheeks" I chuckled. "Come in" she replied, the cute pout that had formed on her face was shaping her words. I opened the door and walked inside, closing it behind me. "Hey" I smiled softly. "Hello" she said and smiled back weakly. She was troubled but it seemed as if I was the only one who didn't know why.

I looked at her in the eyes. "What--" she sighed. "My dad isn't my biological father and my mum was a tramp apparently" she frowned and looked out the window. "Eh?" I said since it was the only thing that seemed appropriate. She sighed again and attempted to tell me the story from the beginning, gleaming droplets forming in the corners of her eyes.

As she finished my mouth had dropped open slightly. Now we were sitting on her bed next to each other. "Oli, I'm sorry, that must've been so hard for you..." I said, trying not to seem too sad. She nodded quietly and kept looking at her palms. I sighed softly and hugged her tightly "How are you handling it?" I whispered and stroked her back softly. "Been better.." she whispered back and let out a puff of air.

I pulled away and kissed her forehead and grinned, trying to hold back my laughter, when she turned beet red. She wasn't making eye contact but her face was burning. I smiled and leaned to her, laying a soft kiss on her lips. "I might come back later" I said and pet her hair. She nodded now even deeper red if that was even possible. I left her room and headed back to mine, grinning like an idiot.
* * * * *

Sorry for taking a while updating, I have my exams coming up and I might not be on time for the next one, I'm sorryyy 😭❤️ I hope you enjoyed reading and I hope I have it ready on time☺️

~Np❤️