Chapter Twenty-One

Noah's P.O.V.

The past few weeks have been an ordeal. After mum and Andrew found out they were a lot less secretive about it. It was torture for me to watch that, I didn't want to watch it...

Why did it have to be him? Why was he the one who got it all? Why, why, why... So many whys filled my head day in, day out. Seeing her give him smiles I could never have to myself, looking at her face and understanding the need she had for his embrace... Not anyone else's...not mine...

Lately, things have been quiet between them. Since Victoria came into the picture, the three of them have been having sleepovers almost every night. It's a good thing for me, it helps me get my mind off of her for a few seconds at least.

I stared at the ceiling of my dimly lit bedroom. I took a slow breath that burnt my lungs and closed my eyes. I had two choices, let it go or do something about it... and both seemed impossible.

Hoping sleep wouldn't forget me for another night I rolled over on my side and hugged my pillow... imagining I was hugging her...

* * * * *
School seemed so unnecessarily tiring. It was like I was either zoning out or thinking about anything else and not only that but homework took hours to complete.

We'd walk home as a group every day, the six of us. Eithan with Olivia, James and Emma, and then there were me and Victoria. It was always awkward to walk beside her when others did coupley things. Her freckled cheeks would always take a pink hue. It was somewhat cute...

Emma and James didn't return home with us, they went out for a walk. As Olivia pulled Victoria aside and started to talk I was stuck there with Eithan. Boy, that felt uncomfortable.

I could sense the alpha male bubble, it was overpoweringly dominant. I didn't have anything to tell him and neither did he, we hadn't spoken properly in weeks. I was staring at my shoes debating whether I should say something or not.

We walked inside and as we walked upstairs we dispersed, each of us going to our rooms.

Opening the door of my room, the familiar scent of my deodorant hit me. I sighed and dumped my bag on the floor. Closing the door I frowned, realizing that my brain hadn't taken in any information I received today.

Grabbing my headphones, I let my body sink into my bedsheets. "Today wasn't a good day" I murmured and blasted my music.

I had almost fallen asleep when a soft, reluctant knock echoed through the room. "Hm? Yes?" I said and propped myself up on the bed.

A throat cleared. "Uhm.. It's me.. Victoria." answered a quiet voice. "Ah, come in" I sighed through the nose and sat up on my blue sheets.

The door opened slowly, her curly auburn hair revealing itself first. She came inside and her freckles moved as a smile formed her features. "Hello" she said softly and closed the door. "Hey, what's up?" I smiled back but even I could tell it was forced.

She broke our eye contact and her cheeks warmed up. "Well uhm.." I looked at her and tilted my head in confusion. "C'mere..." I smiled slowly and patted my bed. "What's wrong?" She sat down beside me, she was stiff and she was trying to cover her face with her puffiness of hair.

She took a long breath and slowly raised her pale blue eyes, locking them with mine. "I might.. like you a little..Maybe..". I stayed there, looking at her. Wait huh? Tory likes me? I wanted to start laughing, how can someone like her like a piece of garbage like me? This is ridiculous.

"Tory... you're not making the right choice here.." I sighed and rubbed my eyes. "I am not the best person to like.. My brothers barely like me.." Her brows furrowed in confusion and sadness. "Yes but Noah--" I shook my head and stood up. "No..."