Chapter Fourteen

Without Shawn, in the house, it seemed weird after a while. Even though he wasn't actually in the house most of the time, the place filled up when he was coming in. Lando seemed the most fazed one with his departure. He was constantly saying how much he missed him and it made the situation worse, mostly for Elynn. It was a big blow for her as well even though she didn't show it.

Shawn had gone for about two weeks when Noah asked to move in his room. It was so sudden but understandable. James didn't seem so happy about it but not only that the tension between those two had changed. Noah seemed colder than usual. He was a closed book, to begin with, but his introverted attitude became noticeable.

    Eithan, on the other hand, was on top of the world. He was acting like a kid on Christmas morning. I can't say I wasn't glad to see him happy but people noticed the change in his behaviour the same way they noticed Noah's. Each day I'd wake up with a text of his but at the same time, my heart raced at the thought of someone finding out, what if someone already knew? You can't keep secrets like these for long, Emma knew already, who can guarantee she didn't say anything to James?

    I sighed and shook my head, my vision focusing on the page in front of me. I was holding my book and frowned in annoyance. 'Crap, now I have to reread this page'. I couldn't concentrate. I was thinking about everything over and over and I just ended up doing circles in my mind.

   I closed the book and let it on the couch. As I was about to stand up, James came down the stairs and walked to me, sitting down with a loud sigh. "Rough night?" I said and sighed as well. He nodded. "What's the matter?" I asked again. He slightly turned his body to me to face me better. "For some reason, Noah hasn't come out of his room the whole weekend" he frowned but that weird twinkle in his eyes made it more than obvious he knew the reason. "When I knock on his door he says he's studying for that biology test we have in three weeks." he finished and rubbed his eyes.

    I opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off. "Oh also.." he leaned closer to me. "I know what happened" he whispered. My entire face lit up and my eyes widened. He smiled awkwardly when he saw my reaction. "Don't worry, I told no one". "Wh-Who told you?" I asked, trying to calm down. "Eithan did, the very same day" he let out a quiet chuckle. I slowly pinched the top of the bridge of my nose and took a few slow breaths. "Thanks for the information; I'll deal with him later." I exhaled slowly. "Now tell me, what's the matter with Noah?" "He's not talking to me, maybe you should talk to him" he said casually yet his ears took a shade of pink, indicating that he was lying.

    I sighed and nodded. "Alright then, I'll try talking to him" I nodded and looked at him. "I hope he's okay.." I said. "Yeah, so do I.." he replied, discreetly trying to avoid eye contact. I rolled my eyes at the secrecy of the matter and stood up, dragging my book off the couch as well. 'I wonder what happened' I thought as I was walking up the second set of stairs, leading to the third floor of the large house.

    I walked down the hallway, trying to remember which door was it. I knocked on one door and I heard a groan. "Who are you and what do you want from my life" said Mylo sleepily and bitterly. I rolled my eyes and knocked on the door opposite Mylo's. "Yes?" answered Noah's soft voice. I smiled slightly at the sound of it; I hadn't heard it in days. "It's me, can I come in?" I asked and nibbled on my lower lip, waiting for an answer.

Noah's P.O.V.
(2 weeks prior)

    I was laying in my bed peacefully with James on the top bunk listening to his trashy music. It was around 8 pm and I was talking to Shawn on messenger. I was glad to know he had settled in nicely.

    Suddenly Eithan came in and his expression was confusing, a face caught between a wince and a smile had formed his features and he looked stressed while his eyes were glowing with excitement. I looked at him confused; I had never seen him like that. That look of his was...odd. "Are you on LSD or something? You scared the crap out of me dude" said James and sighed loudly. "Shut up, I'm screwed" he said and closed the door behind him. James rolled his eyes "What did you do?" he said and sat up on the bed. I sat up as well and slightly leaned down from the railing of my bunk.