二十一

[TIME SKIP - DECEMBER 30th]

Jin was anxiously staring at his phone for the past twenty minutes. He had no clue if Minah would attend the birthday party and Namjoon was annoyingly getting on his nerves.

"Jinnie hyung! Please let me have a bite of the cake! Just a tiny one, please! I am so hungry right now!" He begged, interrupting Jin's train of thoughts. The older slapped Namjoon's hand away from the icing.

"Oh my god, get out Namjoon! A tiny bite would result into half of the cake and the whole frosting batter! Aish, you're so annoying, kids these days!"

Suddenly, Mario's theme song was heard, which surprised the both of them. Jin quickly fished out his phone out of his back pocket, expecting a text from a certain minahstrawberry, but he only received an email regarding his membership's expiration date at Bokjin Chicken.

"What is it? Can I see?" Namjoon curiously asked, peeking at the screen.

"What?! No! Get out!" The older tried to hide his phone from Namjoon, but the taller one managed to rudely snatch the phone out of his weak grip.

"Why? Are you watching something inappropriate? Huh?"

Somehow, since they were fighting for the phone, Namjoon clumsily dropped it on the freshly decorated cake, making Jin scream very loudly and panic. Everything was ruined and Taehyung was coming home in less than an hour and a half.

"OH MY PEACH PRINCESS LORD MOTHER OF JISOOS! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO, YOU STUPID JAY-Z WANNABE?!" Jin yelled and almost killed his dongsaeng for being a dumbass.

For the next hour, all Jin did was trying to bake a new cake quickly, neglecting his phone on the side. He never noticed Minah sending a text saying that she'll arrive in a few hours.

+++

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAEHYUNGIE!!" Everyone sang. Taehyung grinned and blew the candles out of the poorly decorated cake.

"Sorry Tae, Namjoon kind of crushed the cake with my phone, so I had to do it all over again. Speaking of my phone, where did you put it you dumbass?"

"Um, on the counter? I wouldn't know"

Jin found the phone on the counter, the screen still smeared with icing. He wiped it off with a towel and was shocked when he saw tons of notifications pop up on his screen.

+++

From: Minahstrawberry °~°' [11:25 am 12/30/16]
ok pink princess

From: Minahstrawberry °~°' [11:25 am 12/30/16]
i'm coming to taehyung's birthday

From: Minahstrawberry °~°' [12:39 pm 12/30/16]
jin! i'm on an airplane right now! if i calculated well,
i should arrive in about two hours! can you pick me up?

From: Minahstrawberry °~°' [2:41 pm 12/30/16]
i'm here! i'm currently waiting in the airport at lane 26,
are you coming to pick me up or not?

From: Minahstrawberry °~°' [3:17 pm 12/30/16]
bro... i've been waiting for thirty minutes...
where are you?

From: Minahstrawberry °~°' [3:20 pm 12/30/16]
yah

From: Minahstrawberry °~°' [3:23 pm 12/30/16]
you know what nevermind

From: Minahstrawberry °~°' [3:24 pm 12/30/16]
i will take a cab and i'll come myself

Right then, he heard someone yell "SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS!!"