Chapter 1

It's Monday, and a new week has started. Not totally excited since I have to go to school.

It's only been two months since I've been at this new school, and I'm already hating it.

I get out of my black silky sheets, groaning, and head to the bathroom to take a shower. 

After my shower, I go to my closet and grab a pair of black jeans with holes in the knees, a black crop top that says "Normal People Scare Me", my grey leather jacket, black and white converse and my favorite grey beanie to top off my outfit.

I left my long, naturally curly hair down and did my make up. 

For makeup, I just did wings, filled in my waterline with black eyeliner, and put on mascara. Which only took about 5 minutes. 

I tuck my phone in my back pocket, grab my backpack and skateboard and head downstairs. I'm kinda hoping my mom isn't awake yet, but I'm sure she is.

I go to the kitchen, grab an apple out of the fruit bowl we have and head out. 

"Are you leaving without saying bye, Blake?" Shit. I turn around on my heels walking towards my mom. 

"I didn't think you were awake." I hug her against my will. Yes of course I love my mom. She's my mom. It's just we don't have that special mother-daughter bond everyone else has. Not since my dad left. It's been really awkward, and we haven't gotten along well.

"You didn't think I was awake or you were hoping I wasn't awake?" 

"Ummm. Both?" It came out more as a question than an actual answer. She sighs.

"Go to school. Learn something." I laugh. 

"You're funny mom." I shut the door behind me before rushing to the sidewalk, dropping my skateboard and jumping on it. It's originally only a 5 minute drive to school, so I typically just ride my skateboard. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrive at school and head straight to my locker, like I do everyday, to meet up with my best friend Quinn.

Quinn is like a nerdy "badass" type of person. She is obsessed with DC, comics, Star Wars and anything related.

As I approach my locker, she's already jumping with excitement.

"Hey. Okay so you won't guess who Mr. Popular is with now." She says through laughter. Quinn is the one that gets all of the gossip about everyone. Even if you think no one knows about it, she does. 

For her outfit today, she went with batman. Batman hat, t-shirt, jacket, Justice League converse, and a pair of darkish blue jeans.

"Wait. Let me guess. Ms Popular?" I grab my History books as she laughs.

"No. Actually he's sneaking around with the new hot teacher." I look at her with wide eyes. 

"Are you shitting me?" The new hot teacher is Ms. Grey, who is only 26 years old. But I'm not really that shocked that he is doing Ms. Grey. Considering on how she dresses, and that Damon has fucked every other girl except for me, Quinn, and maybe like 5 other girls.

"Would I ever?" 

"That's hilarious." 

"Yeah. So, how was your first weekend without me?" She leans against a locker next to mine, crossing her arms. Ever since we became friends, there hasn't been a weekend where we haven't spent together. 

"Boring. I just went to the skate park, and the coffee shop we love so much." We start walking to History. The only good part about that class is that Quinn has it too.