Chapter 7

We both sit in silence for a bit, when a little girl comes running in. I would guess she is about 13 years old.

Her dirty hands are cupped over one another, as if she had caught something. It's clear she doesn't really care about how she looks, considering her pink dress has dirt and grass stains all over it.

"Daad. I found a bug outside." She holds her hands out for her dad to see. Her dad looks similar to Damon's uncle. About the same age too.

"Oh, sweetie. No. Not in the house, go put that back outside." Her mom (at least I think it's her mom) jumped in and said.

"But mom, it's so cool!"

"No. Outside please."

"But look!" She opens her hands, and then her mom screamed.

Everyone went quiet, and looked over at her mom and herself.

"Dylan, take that outside. Now." Her dad said, sternly.

"But-"

"Enough with the buts. Take it outside, or you're grounded." She rolls her eyes.

She turns around and goes back outside, while conversations pick back up.

I wonder over to the kitchen, and grab a paper plate. There's snack foods here, so why not eat it?

"We are having dinner in about 10 minutes, ya know." Damon stands next to me, watching me shove grapes in my mouth.

"So? It's not like I won't eat dinner."

"I take it you like to eat a lot?"

"I take it you're a whore?" He snorts.

"Do you like video games?" Now it's my turn to snort.

"Of course I do."

"Okay, then follow me." He takes me to the other side of the kitchen, and opens a door. It's a spiral staircase, which I'm sure leads to the basement.

"My uncle has been doing work on the house." Damon tells me. I just nod.

He flickers on the light, and starts down the stairs. Of course, I follow.

The first thing I noticed, is the off-white carpet. Even though I have shoes on, I can still tell that the carpet is a very soft material. Like blankets.

As I scan the room, there is a pool table in the middle of the room. Off to the side there is a bar counter, which already have some drinks on it. And there is a fridge on the opposite wall.

Damon grabs one of the bottles of vodka, and heads towards one of the 3 doors.

This room has the same, luxurious carpet. It's not as big as the main room, but still a good sized room.

There is a black leather couch in the middle of the room, with a coffee table placed in front of it. The oval coffee table has a glass middle. The black frame, holding up the glass. I keep looking around the room, and the main thing that stands out is the T.V. set-up.

It's a wireless, flat screen T.V. hung up on the wall. Underneath it are shelves. Shelves filled up with game consoles. On the left side of the T.V. is a tall speaker, and a bookcase full of movies. On the right side is the same speaker and bookcase, but this one is filled up a TON of games for each, separate console.

I rush over to the bookcase full of games. I scan looking at all of the different games they have. It has to be at least 100 games in here. I know for a fact, that there are more than 100 games there.

"Damon!! It's time for dinner!!" We both look at each other, for a split second, before we race up the stairs to the kitchen.

"Hey! Watch it!" Someone says to Damon. I giggle and grab a plate.

It's burgers and hotdogs. I grab one of each. Along with a couple spoon fulls of Alfredo noodles, a spoon full of corn and green beans, and a bread roll that already has butter on it.

Anyone that is not an adult has to eat in the dinning room, while the adults eat in the living room.

I'm peacefully eating my food when someone taps my shoulder. I turn to my right, and see a kid looking up at me.

"I need to go to the bathroom." I look over at Damon with wide eyes.

"She isn't completely potty trained. So you can take him."

"Okay, let's go." I take her hand, as she leads me to the bathroom.

All she needed help with was getting on and off the toilet, since she is still very small.

When she's done, she washes her hands then grabs mine again.

We get back to the dinning room, and I can feel a pair of eyes on me. I look up at Damon, and he's already looking at me. It wasn't in a bad way either. It was more like... Love?