Chapter 9

Damon ended up coming to the hospital with me anyway. We took his car, instead of taking mine.

"Quinn Napier, please?" I hurriedly say. The receptionist types in her computer.

"Room 163"

"Thank you"

I take off down a hallway. I follow signs, pointing me to the direction I need to go in. I'm not sure if Damon is following me, but I don't care.

I find room 163, and head in.

I see Quinn laying on the bed, hooked up to a bunch of wires and cables. Melissa is sitting in a chair, clinging to a wad of tissue. Mike, her dad, is also sitting on a chair, opposite side of Melissa.

I walk over to Melissa, and give her a tight hug.

"Blake, I'm-"

"Shut up Mike. I don't want to hear shit from you." I snap at him. But I don't stop.

"That is my best friend on that bed. My only friend. And your dumbass decided to be exactly that. A dumbass. Stop trying to be good. Stop acting like you actually want her as your daughter, because we all know that's bullshit. Quinn is the only one that doesn't see that, because she wants to believe that you are good. But this clearly shows we are right. You aren't sorry. So you can shut the fuck up."

Melissa has stopped crying, because she was focused on me and Mike. Mike was just looking off in the distance, trying to figure out what to say. But it's clear he wasn't going to say anything.

I crawl up on the hospital bed next to Quinn. Wrapping my arms gently around her.

Some time has passed, and I hear a knock on the door.

I get up, facing a doctor.

"Hello, I am Quinn's Doctor, Dr. Robins. I do have the results." Melissa stands up, and slowly walks over to me. Damon on the other side.

Dr. Robins has to be about 5'6". Her curves in the right places, but not to much curve. Basic blonde hair pulled back into a bun, with dark blue eyes. She is really gorgeous.

"She has a, surprisingly, mild concussion. Along with a severely broken ankle. The ankle will need surgery, but our orthopedic surgeon does amazing work."

"Will she be awake before the surgery?" Melissa asks.

"I am really not sure when she will wake up exactly."

Melissa sighs a shaky breath and sits on the bed. And that's when I was about to lose it on Mike.

"Do you guys have anymore questions?" Dr. Robins asks. We all shake our heads no.

"Alright. Well if you guys do end up thinking of something, just have somebody page me." She smiles and walks out.

Melissa is still sitting on the bed, sobbing again. At some point, Damon grabbed my hand. He still is holding my hand. But I pull it away, walking over to Mike.

"You need to explain exactly what happened. The truth. " I say.

"Well. I was taking her home," He swallowed, and I stomp my foot.

"I SAID THE TRUTH, MIKE!" He stands up.

"I WAS TELLING THE TRUTH. DO NOT TALK TO ME LIKE THAT YONG LADY, YOU'RE ONLY 17 YEARS OLD!"

"THEN STOP LYING!"

"I WASN'T"

"Then why did you swallow and not make eye contact with me?"

"FINE. I WAS TAKING HER TO A FRIENDS HOUSE." He throws his hands up in the air, and sits down.

"Why?"

"Reasons." He still isn't making eye contact with me.

"Like?" I cross my hands over my chest. He looks up at me.

"They wanted to meet her." When he said that, I knew exactly what he meant.

My jaw clenches, but I keep going.

"What happened during the crash then?" He sighs.

"You want the truth? Fine," This won't be good...

"I was drunk. Not as bad as I usually am when I'm drunk though. She stopped me from drinking too much. Anyway. That's when I get a call from this friend. We were having a normal conversation, when he asked for me to come over, I said no I have my daughter over. Then he said, well why don't I meet this daughter of yours. I knew I shouldn't. I wasn't going to. But then he talked me into it. So we are driving, and she kept asking where we were going, over and over. I snapped saying to shut up, she asked again and I slapped her. When I slapped her, I got caught off gaurd, and started to swerve. I hit a tree, and she got the worst of it. I only hit my head and sprained my wrist."

I walk out. I was trying so hard not to punch that basturd's face.

But I didn't get far before punching a wall. Only about 2 rooms down from Quinn's.

What father does that. First it's the drinking. Then it's the friend bullshit. THEN HE SLAPPED HER?!

This.

Nuh-uh.

This doesn't fly with me.

I walk back into the room.

"Get out or I call the cops."

"It's my daughter."

"It's your daughter that you abused. And it's my best friend."

"You can't just kick me out, Blake."

"Get. Out. Before I lose my shit."

"I have a right to stay in here."

"OH HELL TO THE FUCKING NO YOU DO NOT." After I said that. That's when he broke.

He pulled his hand back, and I quickly go into my protective mode. The mode I have done plenty of times before.

He punches me in my ribs and then kicks me to the ground. I start screaming and crying. Memories flooding back to my mind.

"DO NOT EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THAT AGAIN."

Next thing I know, he was being pulled off of me.

"TOUCH HER AGAIN. SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR FUCKING FACE."

A hand gently touches my back, and I flinch.

"Hey. It's okay." Damon takes me into his arms.

"Blake?" I lift up my head.

"QUINN" I get up and hug her tightly, but not too tightly.

"You're awake. God I'm so happy you're awake."

Damon walks over to me, and again, puts his hand on my back.

"She. I told you. She will be okay." I look up at him.

"She's okay." He looks at me, and gives me a dashing smile.

"She's okay" I repeat, then turn back to Quinn.

"You're okay."