Chapter 8

It's Monday. Of course I hate Monday's. But to be completely honest, who doesn't? 

I'm walking down the hallway, when someone calls my name. I already knew who it was. Nicole. 

I keep walking, until I reach my locker. 

"When I call your name, I expect you to answer me." Nicole says when she catches up to me. 

"But why would I answer to a slut exactly?" I grab my History books. 

"God. Why are you such a bitch?" I smile and close my locker. Realizing Quinn isn't here yet, I look down the hallway. 

"Why are you such a slut? And besides. Don't go around saying shit like that when you don't know anything about them."

"Same goes for you." I laugh at her response.

"Right. Okay, sweetie." I pat her shoulder as she gives me a "death glare."

"Did you need something, or did you just feel like pestering me." I say. She puts her hands on her hips. 

"Yes actually. I wanted to ask you why you showed up at Damon's house, and had his clothes." 

"Why don't you ask him that yourself." I turn around, making sure I whip my hair in her face. 

I take out my phone when I get to the classroom. 

B: Where are you? You weren't by my locker today.

~~~~~~~~

I woke up to someone shaking me. 

"Class is over, Blake." It was Damon. 

I lift up my head. Surprised that Mrs. Moss, the History teacher, didn't wake me. The class is empty, and Mrs. Moss is clearing off the board. 

I grab my backpack, and stand up. I check my phone and I have 5 missed calls from Melissa, Quinn's mom. 

Confused, I call back. Not caring about my next class. 

"Hello?" Melissa is crying. 

"What happened?" I immediately start freaking out, but I make it seem like I'm calm. Not so worried. 

"I don't know what happened. But, Quinn was with her father, and they got into a car accident. I didn't know until this morning, when the hospital called me. She's in a really bad condition right now, Blake. I'm so sorry. Get here as soon as you can." My heart sunk. It suck all the way past the deepest parts of hell. 

"I'm coming." I hang up, and rush to my locker. 

"Where are you going?" Damon is following me. 

"My best friend is in the hospital." I mumble. 

"What?" 

"My best friend is in the hospital." My breathing starts to increase, along with my heart beat. 

"My best friend is in the hospital. My best friend is in the hospital." I repeat to myself as I walk out of school. 

"Blake. I think you just need to take a minute." He gently touches my arm, trying to comfort me. 

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" I yell. I swat at his hand, and tears fall down my cheeks. 

"No, you need to calm down. It's okay." I shake my head. My head starts to hurt. Everything is getting blurry. I can't breathe. 

I put my hands on my head, hoping it will stop hurting. I'm taking very short breathes. My chest hurts to much to breath properly. 

"Blake. Stop. It's okay." 

"No it won't. She's not okay. I need her. She's my best friend. She's the only one who doesn't hate me." I start rambling. Damon keeps trying to hold me, but I keep fighting him and screaming. 

Finally I slowly stop fighting him. But that's also because he has his arms wrapped around me. My hands are pressed close to my chest. He slowly brings us to the ground. 

"Shhh. It's okay. I'm here Blake. It's okay." He says, slowly rocking me side to side, as I just sit there and cry into his chest. 

I would say we sat there for about a half an hour. In the same position. Both his shirt, and my shirt are soaked with my tears. I have calmed down quite a bit. 

"Hey, it's going to be okay." 

"You don't know that. Her dad was probably drunk or texting. He's an asshole, and he shouldn't have been back into her life when he got out of jail."

"Okay." We don't say anything after that. 

"Let's forget this ever happened." I stand up, wiping off my face. 

"Why?" He stands up with me.

"Because I said. Now go back to class or something. I have to get going." I turn and start walking.

I have to stop by my house, considering I'm not going to skateboard half way across the city to go to the hospital. I'm just going to take my, rarely used, car.

"Blake, wait up." He comes over, jogging. I snap around and face him. 

"God, why do you do this. You act like you actually care about me." 

"Maybe it's because I do actually care about you."

"Oh no you don't. You're the fuckboy of the school. Hell. Even probably of the whole fucking city." 

"Okay. Yes. I may have fucked almost every girl in Central High, but it's not like I actually enjoy it. And it doesn't mean I don't have feelings either."

"Just stop. You won't convince me of anything. Now can I go and see my best friend?" He shakes his head. 

"I like you Blake. I actually like you. Why can't you accept that." I throw my hands up in the air. 

"Because I'm unlikable. Teachers hate me, thank god. I only have one true friend in this shit hole. And you barely know me."

"You're favorite color is black. You love Starbucks, since you're there half the night. It's why you don't hang out with anyone, and why you're almost never home. You're favorite foods are cheeseburgers and pizza. You, clearly, hate school and Nicole. You aren't a virgin. And you used to be a good person, but that changed when your dad left you last year." He says. I stand there, taken back. 

"How do you know all of this? I never talked to you, until you dumped soda down my shirt."  

"I've liked you for a while, Blake." He puts is hands on either side of my arms. "I have noticed little things you do. The patterns and routines. The way you act, and walk around the school. It wasn't only until we started pranking each other, that I started to know for sure. Yeah, I was curious what you were like before. But. I've liked you since the beginning." 

I'm standing there speechless, as he pulls me into a hug. He snakes his arms around my back, and I wrap mine around his waist. 

" And I'm only falling for you, more and more, everyday." 

I smiled, and thought.

Maybe he isn't as bad as I thought.