Chapter 13

Melissa is letting me stay at her house until my mom shows up. We have all tried calling, texting and left voice mails but. We never got anything back. The police are out looking for her, since she is a mother who's daughter is still a minor.  

I'm finally going home, after a week. I have a cast on my knee because that asshole dislocated it. 

Right now, Quinn and Melissa are sitting in my drive way, waiting for me to finish packing my stuff. 

Damon missed school this past week. He stayed at the hospital with me because he didn't want to leave me alone. He stayed up all night, and when I would wake up screaming, he would come over and hold me until I calmed down and went back to sleep. Then he would sleep during the day. 

Maybe he really does care about me. 

I sigh as I get in the car. 

"Blake?" Melissa is looking at me through the review mirror. "We will find her." She says. 

I look out the window. Watching my house get smaller and smaller, as she drives away. 

They gave me the spare room to stay in. I bring my suitcase in the room and set it on my bed. I stare down at my open suitcase. 

I need to unpack, just so it's done.  I thought. Instead I grab my skateboard. 

"I'm heading out." I yell, opening the front door. 

"You aren't going anywhere with that cast on." Melissa yells back from the kitchen. 

I take a deep breath. Trying to calm down. It didn't work though. 

I slam the door shut, throwing my skateboard into the living room, and heading upstairs. I'm slam my bedroom door shut, screaming and sliding to the floor. 

"What is wrong with me!" I scream over and over. I ended up crying myself to sleep. 

"I just don't know how to help." Someone said. Male.

"There isn't anything you can do." Female.

"There has to be. I can't just sit here and let her suffer. It hurts me too much." Wait. Is that Damon?

"I know. It hurts me too." I hear someone sigh. 

"This is bullshit. I want to kill him!" The guy, who I'm pretty sure is Damon, starts to raise his voice.

"Hey. Calm down. It's going to be okay."

"Whatever." 

"She'll get better. I promise." I hear a door shut, and then silence. I feel someone grab my hand. 

"I'm so sorry Blake. I wish I was with you. Then nothing would have happened. But we can get through this. You can get through this." He kisses my hand, and touches my forehead. "I think I'm falling in love with you Blake." He lets go of my hand, and then I hear the door shut. 

I immediately sit up. Did he just say what I think he said?

I put my tangled hair up in a bun. Putting on slippers, I head downstairs to the kitchen. 

"Hey. You doing okay?" Melissa asks, passing the living room. 

"Yup. Just peachy." I go to the kitchen, and look around. I want a cheeseburger  I thought. 

I work my way up the stairs, and grab my cross-body purse. 

"I'm heading out. Driving. Not skateboarding." 

"Ha! You're funny. Have Damon take you where ever you're going." I sigh, loud enough for her to hear. 

I go into Damon's car, and wait for him. When he gets in, I don't say anything.