Chapter 4~Lunch

-Keith-

Keith walked out of Science Class, his heart pounding, That test was hard. I hope I don't fail!! My parents would kill me if I failed! He sighed, walking to his locker, and opening it after a few slides of the locker combo.
"Hey Keith"
Keith nearly screamed as Lance popped out of no where. "Sorry!" Lance smiled nervously, and Keith groaned in annoyance, "Hey" he shut his locker after grabbing the things he needed for his next class.
"You want to sit together at lunch? It's after our next classes" Lance smiled, and Keith couldn't help but smile back.
"I know when lunch is" he sighed, walking down the hallway. Lance caught up with him quickly.
"Where you headed to?" Lance grinned,  pausing as Keith stopped at Mr. Trout's room. Maybe he will read as well as he talks. "You play?" He asked.
Keith nodded, "Yes. I play Cello" he opened the door, "Where will you be?" He smiled slightly.
Lance blushed at his smile, "B-Band" he coughed, and said more smoothly, "I play Guitar. They let me play it in there, isn't that great?-"
Keith put his finger in front of Lance's mouth, shushing him, and blushed slightly.
"I'll meet you at the door of your classroom. Okay?" Keith smiled, and walked into his classroom, Leaving Lance staring in wonder.
Keith bit his lips, hiding a smile as the door shut, why did I blush?! What the heck!?!

****

"Hey Lance!" Keith greeted him at the doorway.
Lance smiled brightly, "Hey! Ready to head to lunch? You can meet the fam!" Lance laughed.
Keith bit his lip again, hiding a smile, and nodded, must not show him he made me smile. Nope. Lance grabbed his hand and dragged him down the hallway, "Come on, then!"
He laughed as he was dragged, and paused as they came to the entrance of the cafeteria. Woah.
"This is much bigger than the one at my old school" Keith smiled, walking in. Lance laughed, "Well then, be amazed!" He waved his arms, pretending to show off the cafeteria.
Keith giggled, a slight blush appearing on his face, why am I feeling this way again? Is it something about him? Nah. He forced a blank expression on his face as they walked to a table, where  3 other people were sitting.
"Hey Lance. Is this him?" She smiled. Keith glared at her slightly, not liking the way she addressed him as "him". "Pidge, Hunk, Shiro" Lance introduced Keith to them. Keith blinked, recognizing Shiro, "Oh, Hey Shiro!" Keith smiled, sitting down beside him.
"Oh, Hey Keith" Shiro waved.
"Hold on, you guys know each other?" Lance blinked, confused.
"Yes" Shiro smiled. I'm keeping him in my house for a while. He's new to this school, and he will be staying at my house"

-Lance-

"He had happened to be able to volunteer when I needed a new home, sooo.." Keith smiled.
Lance smiled happily, Shiro only lives a few houses down from me!! I can visit Keith!!
"Hey, Newbie, why don't you sit somewhere else?" A kid smirked, grabbing Keith by the collar of his shirt, and tossing him to the floor. Keith groaned, and sat up, scratching his head. He frowned, "Um.. I got there first.."
"CryBaby" The kid smirked, taking Keith's red glasses off of his face and snapping it in two. The Kid's two friends laughed, "Nice one Travis" A kid with blonde hair said.
"Hey, if you don't mind, Keith was sitting there. Move along" Lance stood up, glaring at Travis. Travis stood up, clearly taller than him, "What did you say, pipsqueak?"
"I said, move along" Lance replied, silently terrified. "Hey. Your that Lance kid from band!" Travis said, recognizing him. Lance felt a knot twist in his throat, he's in my class!? "Yeah, And? Move along, now" Keith said, angered. No one messes with Keith.