Chapter 11~ Search

-Keith-

Lance McClain, missing: January 4th.

Keith could barely clear his eyes enough from tears to read the name of his friend on the school board. He hadn't stopped crying sense Lance had run off, and he didn't know if he ever would stop.

Keith had started spending extra time with Lance's mother, and his family. Especially Lucus, who insisted on calling him "Papi".

Keith sat on the couch, watching Lucus play with his toy cars, when he spotted a picture of the whole family. Lance's family. Keith examined the photo, his eyes tearing up as he saw the brunette haired boy with his family. He tore his eyes from Lance as Lucus walked over to him.
"Papi, the wheel broke off" he cried, handing a small, red, toy car to Keith.
Keith examined it and gently put the well back on, spinning it so it fastened with where it was suppose to.
Lucus had a bright smile, "Papi did it! Papa Did it!"
Keith sighed with a smile and picked Lucus up, setting him on his lap, "Is that your favorite car?"
"Yes!" Lucus giggled and showed Keith the car again.
Keith smiled and looked up as Lance's mom peered into the room, motioning for Keith to come over.
Keith gently lifted Lucus off of his lap,
"Excuse me for a moment, mi amigo" Keith smiled, proud of using Lance's family's language for a change. It made him feel more connected to Lance.

Kathy smiled warmly as Keith walked over, "Hola, Keith" she greeted him.
"What do you need, Kathy?" Keith asked, trying to be as polite as possible.
Kathy was quiet for a moment, as she bit her lip, obviously hiding back tears, "It means a lot to have you here with us"
"I'm glad to be here" Keith smiled, waving to Lance's older sister, Isabella.
Isabella waved back, a warm smile on her face, and passed by.
Kathy cleared her throat, and continued talking, "Keith, people think they've spotted Lance nearby the school. I suggest you look there"
"Thank you" Keith said with a grateful smile. Kathy waved as Keith rushed towards the door, slapping on a sweatshirt and grabbing a water bottle, running outside.

****

"Lance?" Keith called for the millionth time. He stepped over a twig, exhausted from all the walking. It was 6:30, and he'd been searching sense 4:00.
"Lance..!" He called again, falling to his knees in exhaustion. Lance.. please come out... He tiredly took the water bottle and opened it, drinking almost half of it quickly.
"Lance?" He called out, stuffing the water bottle in the pocket of his sweatshirt.
"Keith..?"