IV - Letters

The Burrow

~Harry~

The tapping of a beak wakes me up. Light filters through my eyelids and I groggily get up. Rubbing my eyes, the tapping continues. I open my eyes and look at the tiny window in Ron's room and see a tiny owl with an envelope that's bigger than his whole body.

"SHUT THE BLOODY HELL UP!!

Looks like Ron's awake. I sigh and open the window to let Pig in. As soon as Pig lets go of the letters, he collapses in midair and lands with a small thud on the floor. Chuckling, I grab Pig and put him back into his cage. I look around and find Ron staring wide eyed at the letters in his hand. Then we can hear a squeal coming from downstairs.

"HERMIONE!"

"SORRY GUYS!!"

Footsteps thunder up the stairs and Hermione burst into Ron's room, a Hogwarts letter clutched in her hand. My eyes widen. I grab my letter from Ron's hands and tear it open.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmistress: Minerva McGonagall

Dear Mr Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been invited to come to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to repeat your seventh year. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagallHeadmistress

Minerva McGonagall
Headmistress

As I'm reading my letter, Hermione is doing a happy dance around Ron's room. I roll my eyes and flip to the second page.

UNIFORM

Seventh-year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 7)
by Miranda Goshawk