IX - Dreams have meanings

~Percy~

"Get up seaweed brain."

I open my eyes and see a smiling Annabeth standing above me.

"Wha- how? I-"

Annabeth lets out a laugh of joy.

"Get up seaweed brain, we have classes."

She walks out of the dormitory and I bolt after her. I throw open the door and find that the common room has been turned into a small concert, with Annabeth as the main event.

There's a fire starting in my heart
Reaching a fever pitch, and it's bringing me out the dark
Finally, I can see you crystal clear
Go ahead and sell me out, and I'll lay your ship bare
See how I'll leave with every piece of you
Don't underestimate the things that I will do
There's a fire starting in my heart
Reaching a fever pitch, and it's bringing me out the dark

Her voice is so beautiful, and the way she's singing captures everyone's attention.

The scars of your love remind me of us
They keep me thinking that we almost had it all
The scars of your love, they leave me breathless
I can't help feeling

Her singing is filled with heartbreak and pain. It constricts my heart in a vice like grip.

We could have had it all
Rolling in the deep
You had my heart inside of your hand
And you played it to the beat

(Rolling in the Deep by Adele)

She finishes her song and walks up to me. She presses her lips against mine in a passionate kiss. After a few minutes, she pulls away but now it's Alexandra, not Annabeth.

"Why did you betray me Percy? Why did you hurt me?"

Tears are streaming down Alexandra's face but I'm speechless. She leans in and presses her lips to my ear and whispers.

"Dreams always have meaning."

Alexandra runs out of the common room and the floor underneath me disappears. I fall into a damp room, lit by one measly candle next to a tall mirror. I look at my reflection in the mirror and see a vision of Annabeth and me sitting together on a sunlit porch, my hand resting on her swollen stomach. A little kid runs into the frame and I scoop him up and tickle him. Annabeth smiles at us with love. I feel liquid heat on my cheeks and realise that I'm crying. I wipe the tears away but I can't get that image out of my mind. A happy family with Annabeth, it's the one thing I want but she's dead.

A cold, heavy presence enters the room, making every molecule in my body freeze in place. I stay completely still as two male figures enter the room. One is tall and paler than the skeletons Nico summons, the other looks like all the first generation Olympians combined. He has a mix of Zeus, Poseidon and Hades eyes, the colours swirling together in a deadly mix with flecks of gold. His hair is a close cropped style like Jason's hair and dark like Hera's with glints of gold and brown running through his dark hair.

Kronos

But I don't know who the other guy is.

"I see that my grandchildren have arrived at Hecate's play world. Harry Potter and his two sidekicks are there as well. This is going to be an interesting year, don't you think Lord Voldemort."

The pale guy eyes Kronos with contempt.

"Yes, Lord Kronos, it will indeed be an interesting year."