III (3)

The final eleven year old was finished being sorted and ran to their new house table.

Dippet spoke a few wise words and a few silly ones too.

The food appeared on each table and everyone dug in.

"Sirius, who's got you so lovestruck?" James nudged Sirius.

"Huh? Wha-?" Sirius shook his head and tore his gaze away from Elizabeth, who was respectively sitting at her house's table, Ravenclaw.

"Oh, it's that girl on the train, Elizabeth, I think." James smirked.

"I've never seen Sirius so attracted to someone!" Squeaked Peter.

"Shut up Peter." Sirius mumbled, blush spreading over his cheeks.

"Hey, how come we've never seen her before?" Asked Remus.

"She got a major glam up over the summer. She had straight hair, acne, different glasses and she went by the name Juniper, remember?" James replied.

"Oh yeah!" Sirius said.

The four Marauders looked over at Elizabeth, only to have her glance back. At one particular Marauder, Remus Lupin.

Elizabeth blushed and looked away, Remus reacted the same way. His hand was pressed against his warm pink cheek.

Sirius frowned upon the two of them as he wondered, "Why does she react like that to him and not me?"

He snapped back to reality as Remus approached Elizabeth.

He couldn't hear them but tried to read his lips. He made out the words: You go out me Hogsmeade.

Sirius saw Elizabeth blush harder and furiously nod her head. She then stood up and kissed Remus' cheek.

He was boiling with anger now. Remus returned to the table and triumphantly yet shyly exclaimed, "I asked her out and she said yes!"

James and Peter congratulated Remus. They hadn't heard a peep from Sirius, so, they turned towards him, only to discover that he was storming away.

Elizabeth gently brushed her tingling lips. She didn't know what came over her that convinced herself to do that.

Mabel was sitting at the far left end of the Hufflepuff table and she wolf whistled. Elizabeth lowered her head in embarrassment and turned towards Remus.

He had his hand placed over the cheek that she had kissed. She grinned shyly and looked away quickly.

Sirius stomped outside, extremely pissed. He didn't even know why. Remus was his best mate, he should be happy for him.

Sirius turned around sharply from wherever where he was going and determinedly made his way back to the Great Hall.

He was not going to give up.