Haleb/ Tobanna: Quietness and Peacefulness Surrounded Them

She was running.

Running to someone.

Or maybe somewhere or something.

She stopped and placed her hand on a tree bark catching her breath.

Caleb was dead.

Caleb was dead because of A.

A had broken her heart.

Physically she could hear it break inside of her.

She couldn't handle the pain. Maybe that's why she was running. Maybe she was running away from the problem, the devastation. She didn't have any tears left. She watched him die slowly in front of her; her hands were entangled in his soft hair, the blood clung to the side of his face and in his hair. His face turned ghostly white, his hands ice cold as she had held them in hers. She remembered that one tear that slid down her face and onto his right cheek. It slid down his face and onto his dry, cracked lips. That was the point Hanna let her tears flow out of her. She couldn't hold them back. A had taken the one person she had given her everything. Given her the gift of laughter and happiness. The gift of emotion and feeling. The gift of belonging and possession. Caleb was hers, she was Calebs; she always would be.

As she looked down at the dirty ground beneath her, her eyes widened as she saw footprints. They were big and... manly?

She followed them and found herself walking deeper and deeper into the dark forest.

She stopped.

Her ears detected a deep, crying sound. She squinted her eyes and found- a few metres away- a hunched over body. They were seated on a log. She saw them run a hand through their hair. She inched closer until she was close enough to make out the figure in front of her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked the figure.

He spun round, his icy blue eyes piercing into hers. His facial expression was stone cold and emotionless. His lips were blue and even in the dim light she could make out deep bags under his tired eyes.

"I needed space," his deep voice said.

"What happened?" She asked, fearing the answer. She was pretty sure she already knew why he was out here but wanted to make sure her assumption was right.

"Spencer's dead... she died last night... A shot Caleb right?" He asked.

"Yes."

"A shot Spencer straight after Caleb." He said. Hanna's eyes widened. This was unbelievable. First A takes Caleb away from Hanna, then they take Spencer away from Toby? Why? Where is A going with this? Is she and Toby next?

"Toby I'm..." she began but couldn't finish. She watched a single tear slide down his darkened face. He sniffled.

"You don't have to apologise." Toby said, "Not your fault."

"Do you know why A is doing this?"

"Does it matter?"

Hanna shook her head.

"All that matters is that A killed my only love. They killed the one person in my life that actually understood me. They took away our other half Hanna. How am I gonna live without her?" Toby's voice was emotionless. He couldn't find emotion or feeling. His heart and mind was empty.

Hanna placed her cold hand on his and drew in a breath. "I am here for you! Me, Aria, Emily. We all love you."

"How can you be so strong?" Toby asked looking into Hanna's eyes.

"I don't have any tears left Toby. Why'd you think I came out here?" She gestured around her at the quietness surrounding them. "It's still and quiet and the right place to compose yourself and think. I couldn't sleep. Can you tell?" Hanna laughed for the first time in forever.

Toby smiled up at her, his heart filling with the warmness radiating off Hanna; her sweet laugh filling the emptiness.

"Thank you Hanna."

"You're welcome Toby. You wanna sit here for a while?" She squeezed his hand.

"Sure..."

Bang!

The piercing gunshot was the only sound each individual heard... before their lifeless bodies gave way, blackness surrounding them... quietness and peace the only thing left...

Guys I'm shaking as I write this Oh My God! Thank you for reading though this was... the most emotional fanfic so far am I right?! Comment opinons and any ideas for the next fanfic! Thank you!
-Hannah