Chapter 3

Katie's POV

I gasped for air as their stare at me with horror filled eyes. "SHIT!!! KATLYNN!" Derek jumped up from the ground and ran towards me, sexy had picked me up and laid me in his lap as my gasps became faster and louder. A door slammed and I could almost hear the metal bending from impact and shit being thrown from Derek's car as he looked for something. "Yesh, babe here come on." Derek was frantic as he gave me my emergency inhaler and I quickly took huge gasps of air and held it to let the medicine work. I breathed a big breath and sighed as my breathing was going back to normal, but still from the lack of oxygen, I felt my eyes get heavy and the darkness consumed me.

Sexy' POV [Alpha Zane]

She took a deep breath out of a red tube and her breathing started to go back to normal, I was still scarred of losing her. She sighed with a slight smile before she passed out. "Alpha Zane, I ma sorry about earlier, I didn't realize you guys were mates and when I did my wolf got so mad because we look at her like a little sister." Derek sighed. "Whatever, but what did you just give her? What just happened?" I asked inspecting my mate, but she seemed to just be sleeping. "You never herd of Asthma? Look it up later, but that was her rescue inhaler. I guess she got to worked up and crap when we were fighting and had an asthma attack. We barely got it to her though." Derek sighed running his hands through his hair.

"I have herd of Asthma before, but only for humans." I spat. "Well we always thought she was going to be a human, that is what her father had told her brother and I when we shifted. He said that females couldn't be werewolves, hey kinda like-" He stopped and looked shocked and pissed. "He had said the same fucking thing Twilight had said shit!" Derek growled and I chuckled. "Werewolves can't mate with humans, only other werewolves. The only way to mate with a human is to give up your wolf, but that would mean your wolf would not be passed down to your children. So what about her mom? She is a wolf." I said as though it was the most obvious thing in the world, because it was.

"Her mother is human, no wolf I swear. But her dad died a week and half ago." Derek looked sad but I just held my mate closer. "It is actually against the law to mate with a human, our kind doesn't want to mix with humans, so the moon goddess said that if we try and mate with a human, we will not be able to have children, it just won't happen. Almost like a dog matting with a cat, not possible." I said and he chuckled.  "Well what about you? Were are your parents?" I asked and he sighed,  I knew it hit a nerve. "When my mother found out she was pregnant with me, she ran from my father, and when he found her he convinced her to come back. But after she gave birth to me, she ran and we believe died." Derek looked pained and I sighed.

I felt a stir and looked down to see my mate's beautiful blue-grey eyes. "Sexy.." She whispered, I think she thought she was talking to herself because she blushed when I smirked and Derek laughed. "Did I say that out loud?" My mate blushed and I nodded and helped her stand. 'Do not tell her about werewolves, I won't tell her we are mates until her brother does and I will be there for her first shift.' I linked to Derek and saw his slight nod. "Are you ok there girlie?" I smiled and she nodded and hugged Derek, I wanted to growl so bad and kill Derek but I didn't want to scare my mate, I wouldn't tell her until  her brother does and I have some crap to end.

"Well you should be getting to class, we are 15 minutes late." I smiled looking at my watch. I watched as they walked off, her ass was just perfect and those dam curves!!! I have a boner just looking at her as she walked well ran to class. Dam now I have to some how end it with Stacy. I sighed knowing I should have never dated her and just kept it at a booty call. I you are probably lie, why not save for your mate? Well I am an alpha wolf and so my hand doesn't help when I get sexually frustrated. I sighed making my way back in the school, this entire school is a werewolf school only, that's why I allowed Derek and Anthony to move here, but sure am glad I did.

"Nice to join us Al-I mean Zane. Please have a seat." Mr. Day caught as he was about to say, he knew that Katie was in here and hasn't shifted so she could not know and I told him good job and sat in the back. Katie was in my row, but Amber sat between us, little redneck hick. Her brother Tanner was my beta, so of course I'm playing around when I call her that. 'Testing testing one two three?' I smirked knowing Amber hated it to be distracted in the middle of class. 'Dam it Zane what do you want?' She spat and I chuckled. 'You do know only reason you can speak to me like that is because you are Tanner's little sister right?' I aksed and she stuck her tounge out. 'That and I am your mate's new bestfriend.'The amusement clear in her voice as I stared at her shocked. How the hell did she know?! 'Watch your thoughts about how mouth watering she might taste as you walk to class lover boy.' I glared at her as she giggled and Katie looked to us confused. 'Tell me you were the only one that herd.'  I all butgrowled and she nodded. " I was snooping." She smirked and Katie looked even more confused as I growled mentally and tried to burn a hole in the wall with my eyes.

Hey spread the word of this book and comment please!!!!!!