Chapter six

Amber’s POV

I felt strange this morning when I was in the shower, my wolf was antsy and I felt as though my body was weighed down. ‘What’s wrong girl?’ I asked my wolf. ‘Not sure, but something is up. I feel like today something big will happen.’ She whined. ‘Good or bad?’ I smirked and she huffed not knowing. I got out of the shower and walked to my closet to pick out my outfit. If something big will happens today, good or bad, might as well be cute right?

I pulled on some short jean shorts and a black tank top that had a white skull on it. I slipped on my black cowboy boots and looked at my hair in the mirror. ‘Put it in a braid and leave some surrounding you face’ my wolf howled, she always loved being a fashon-niesta. I did as she suggested and applied some light brown eye shadow and black eye liner. I pulled on my great grandmother’s wedding ring, I always wore it, and she had given it to me before she died.

I walked down stairs seeing Mark and Tom making out on the counter. “Get a room!” I gagged annoyed. Why am I annoyed? Oh yeah, it’s because I still haven’t found my mate and it’s been 4 months!!!!! “You are just jealous babe.” Mark giggled and Tome growled and held him tightly. Tom does not like it when Mark and I call each other Babe, he is afraid that Mark will say he isn’t gay and try to get with me, or just a female in general.

“Tom calm down, let’s go. I told Kate we would be there in, five minutes!” I gasped seeing the time. Tom just mimicked me and I glared causing Mark to giggle and grab his keys. “Alpha Zane! We are leaving!” I called out and he came running down the stairs, Tanner walked in the Kitchen with a bag of Doritos. “I call dib’s!” Tanner shouted, so he was riding in Zane’s Camaro, while the lovebirds and I took my Land rover.

We arrived at Kate’s and my wolf was getting aggravated. We walked in and I rang the doorbell and a little girl answered. “Hey there little cutie! Is Katie or Derek here?” I asked and heard Kate yell. “I’m in here!” "So just you two?" I asked, she was looking around and almost looked worried. "No, Anthony and Derek are in the back yard, cutting up some fire wood for a bonfire tonight if yall want to stay?" Kate offered and they nodded. "Well I am going to go and get Derek!" I smiled and walked out back.

I opened the back door and my wolf went ballistic! “Mine.” I growled as a chainsaw was cut off, a pair of electric green eyes met mine. “Amber, I thought you guys wouldn’t be here till later. That’s why Anthony is still here.” Derek chuckled and I growled taking in the god before me.  He was at least 6 foot; he was built and ripped perfectly in all the right places. He had shoulder length dark brown hair and he was tanned and those lips, so perfect.

His eyes darkened as he took my body in, hopefully liking what he and his wolf saw.  Derek gasped looking between us as he seemed to grasp the fact, Anthony and I are mates. Derek started to walk toward me but Anthony growled and before I knew it had me wrapped in his arms. “Chill out, I am just going inside.” Derek chuckled and with that left. I felt myself purr as he held me tightly.

“My name is Anthony, and you are Amber correct?” His voice was deep and sent shivers down my spine. “Yes, and you are my lovely Mate.” I purred and his eyes darkened. He leaned down and kissed my forehead and I groaned and he chuckled. “What is it love?” He smirked and I groaned. “You missed!” I pouted. “I did? So how about you help me out then.” Anthony chuckled and I growled softly and kissed him on the lips, fighting for dominance.

Of course he quickly took over in the kiss, his hands snaking around my waist pulling me snugly to him. I slipped my arms around his neck gently tugging on his hair and he growled b=picking me up and pushing me against a tree as I wrapped my legs around his waist. ‘Amber?’ My brother’s voice called out panicked. I growled and pulled back, Anthony confused. “My brother is trying to get in touch with me.” I spat and started to walk inside. But as we got to the door Anthony quickly grabbed my hand and locked them together as we walked in.

Walking in Tanner’s eye’s locked on our entwined hands instantly and he glared at Anthony. “Hey Anthony, I see you met Amber, but what up? Why are you two acting so close?” Kate asked standing up. Even with Kate being his sister, my wolf didn’t like her getting close to our mate. “You could say love at first sight.” Anthony smiled down at me and I blushed.  “What? This can’t be true! She is my best friend, come on don’t be like that. She isn’t one that you can quickly get in her pants!” Kate defended and I felt hurt that our mate was like that but also that Kate was down talking him.

“Mine and you know that isn’t true. I slept with Angelica after 3 years and it was a mistake. We both were wasted at a party and woke up naked, it wasn’t meant to happen!” Anthony snarled and Tanner growled softly, but that didn’t go unnoticed by Anthony who held me tighter. “Yeah but she was my best friend, well the only at that school.” Kate mumbled and I glared at her. I snatched my hand away from Anthony and he looked hurt.

“Amber it was a mistake-“ Anthony pleaded, I wanted to believe him it just hurt that he didn’t wait like I did. “Was it only then, you two left each other after that?” I asked eyeing him, he looked down, and I wanted to cry. “She passed away a week after because I told her it was a mistake, that I had wanted to wait for my mate.” Anthony looked to the floor, gasps filling the air. “What’s a mate?” Kate asked and Zane and Anthony’s eyes widened.