Chapter 23

Beta Tanner's POV

It's been 3 days, 3 days since the fucking vampires attacked and kidnapped Alpha Zane and beat the shit out of Luna Katie, our pack is ready to fight as are many others to back us up. But we can not move until a command is given by either Alpha Zane or Luna Katie. Both have been unconscious, I can not get in touch with Zane and The pack doctor gave Katie some meds to keep her out until her body finishes healing, she's almost healed.  I had been contacting the surrounding packs to explain what has happened and asked for back up, the Vampire are our only enemy that can stand a chance. I had been over looking the protection of the pack while the Alpha and Luna are gone, but I don't know how much more I can take. 

"Tanner, rest." Snow placed his hand on my cheek and kissed my forehead. "Snow, there is still so much that needs to be done, I can't." Snow kissed his mark and I groaned. "It won't help anyone with you like this, what about when the Luna wakes up? How do we know she won't need your help. Please take care of yourself." Snow rubbed himself against me. "God dammm." I moaned as I grind my groin into his causing him to mew.

"BETA TANNER!"The pack doctor's son slams the door open causing me to growl. "It's Luna-" I was up as I softly placed Snow on the ground. "How is she?" I asked. "She is awake and she is asking for you and Amber." I wasted no time hearing that as I ordered Amber to the infirmary. 

Katie's POV

I awoke to pain and screamed. But thank fully Tanner and Amber were here. "Katie, Luna!" They were by my side in a flash. I sat up coughing. "Here, drink this." Beta Tanner gave me water. "They are dead, I will slaughter them all. They will die by my hands. I can not talk to him,I can't tell if he is alive or hurt or what!" I snarled, my wolf and I frantic not being able to since our mate. "Luna, calm down and please think clearly." Beta Tanner sighed. "I am thinking clearly. I wish to dress and have you, Amber, my brother and our four best warriors go with me to talk to the vampire leader. I will ask nicely once and only once. After that, war will be next. They declared war first and we will act upon it. We expect that you have communicated with other pack? How many are there? I was up and talking as I walked to the shower and cleaned myself, they couldn't see me but we could talk still.

"Yes Luna, we are backed by every pack in the United States, some European packs, everyone else wishes to be left out. So a close total, 729,342,234,131,333 fighters." Tanner was in full beta mode. "Good, we won't need them all but best to in case. Amber, remember that little red dress?" I finished washing my hair and was about to cut the water off. "Yes?" She asked confused. "Get it for me, we have a leader to see." "I will round everyone up and tell them of the plan. We will await your command Luna." Beta Tanner bowed and walked out. I took a deep breath, "I am coming for you my Mate." I sent a link, no reply I growled in anger and punched the wall. 

I was dressed and ready to kill with my anger, keeping my wolf in check was easier than I had thought. Here we are, four of our best warriors, my brother, Amber and My beta, Beta Snow stayed to watched the pack. My dress just screamed vengeance and I loved it, it fit like a glove and had flowing skirts around it, I was out for blood.

The Vampires were ruled by the eldest alive and they resigned in the heart of Florida, weird right? "Luna, we are about to cross into the castle of the elders, do you wish to continue still?" A warrior asked, my wolf scoffed. "Warrior, are you doubting your Luna?" She asked and he looked down. "It's just the fact you are new to the role-" He was stopped my arm grabbing his throat. "You will do well to not question my boy. Just because I haven't had much practice to be A Luna means nothing. I will do what ever it takes to protect my mate and my pack. Do you still stand behind me or against me?" He kept quiet and my wolf didn't like that. I snarled and my nails dug into his flesh. "We stand behind you Luna." The other warriors bowed down on a knee, this wolf closed his eyes and nodded. "I stand behind you Luna, I apologize for being so disrespectful. Once Alpha is safe punish me as you please I beg of you." I released him and he fell to his knees bowing. 

"Alpha Zane would be proud of you, ready when you give the order." My brother smiled proudly. I nodded and turned towards the gates, "Let's go." 

"What is a wolf pup doing here?" "Mighty fine looking." "Wonder how the girls taste." "I would love to-" The males were snarling and I was ready to snap a neck. "I need to speak to the elders, now." "What makes you think I will listen to you?" The guard smirked. "You have two choices, lead us to them or I will snap your neck, and your mates, I smell a girl on you." His eyes got wide but led the way for us cursing under his breath. There are 4 elders, a pair of mates. All four are over two thousand years old. "My, my, my, look here Edward, a wolf!" One of the females clapped her mate sneered. 

"What pleasure do we owe a Luna and oh wait, no Alpha? But the Beta and warriors?" The other male looked puzzled. "Our Alpha, my mate, was kidnapped y vampires." I started but was interrupted. "So strong then huh?" The other female laughed. "When him and I are outnumbered by 20 then you see the problem. If you blood suckers weren't scared to fight one on one then we wouldn't have been jumper like fucking middle school pricks." I snapped and the female smirked. "We didn't do it."  "Bull shit, it was you filthy-" "Pup watch your mouth! Let her finish!" Edward hissed. "We didn't order it is what I was saying, no manners. Luna why not teach your pack members better manners?" The female asked. "My pack members are barely kept in check as am I without the Alpha, watch your tongue unless you want this war to go to the entire Vampire species instead of just the coven in which did it." I snapped and she hissed. 

"Do you even know which coven?" The quite male asked. 

 "The leader had red eyes, he is a higher coven, I suspect a branch from one of you, perhaps Edwards?" I mocked and Edward growled showing me his claws which in return me and my warriors did as well. "If you saw the boy could you tel?" The girl asked, "I will not allow it."Edward piped in. "Edward, realize we are outnumbered by the entire population, just let them kill off a few of us, it will help with keeping food going." His mate sighed bored.

Just then the door was slammed open, and the fucking bastard walked in. "Father!" He shouted to Edward and froze hearing our snarls. "Oh the stupid bitch didn't learn?" "My mate, where is he!" I demanded and he smirked. "About to become my bitch." And I lost it, I saw red.