chapter eight

Kate's POV

It had been one week since my brother told me he and the entire town were werewolves, but they didn't know if mom or Dallas are. I have ignored every body and talked to no one. I mean come on! They aren't even meant to be real! Plus I am still shocked and all. Plus I have seen a lot of horror movies when the werewolves eat the human girl. Anthony and Zane along with the group keeps telling me I am one of them, a werewolf, I laugh! There is no way I am one! I don't crave human blood or turn on a full moon. Ok I know that is stereotypical and all but I am scared out of my mind so what do you expect!?

I also recently started having these cramps,  Zane and Anthony tell me it's because my birthday is close, my 'wolf' is starting to appear, so not true. Zane says it's also because I'm in the beginning stages of 'heat'. Yea no, it's just because I'm on my period! I mean heck, I'm on my period so cramps and fatigue is normal. Right now I'm sitting in my room listening to Sleeping With Sirens, Free Now, when there is a knock on my door. "Kate?" Anthony's voice was hoarse these past days, it pained me to hear or seem him like this considering he is my brother but he is also one of them!

"Ignore me, whatever. Jus get up and get ready for school, I know you are awake and can hear me. How many times are you going to listen to Free Now?" Anthony asked to prove his point. "Freak." I growled out and herd stomping down the hall, why did I feel like t-total shit? I side and let my hair fall naturally and got up getting dressed. I wore a dark green skinny jeans with a grey tank top and brown leather jacket with matching brown boots. [pic on side just the clothing no jewelry] I did dark green mixed with brown eye shadow and black eyeliner and mascara. Not much make up but that's all I wear.

Running down stairs I see Derek and Anthony sitting at the kitchen table talking quietly, but stop quickly as I walk in, I just glared at them. "Come on sis, you have got to accept us some time, heck you will be one on your birthday. It really pains us, please we love you and will never harm you. We can smell your fear since we told you what we were." Anthony pleaded I just glared and snatched his keys and left Derek to drive himself. I hurried to school and pulled into a spot and got out rushing to class. "Kate! Talk to me!" Amber came up grabbing my arm and whined. I snatched my arm away from her and glared at her.

"Don't push us away! Please I thought we could've been best friends!" Amber whined but stopped and turned around abruptly and ran off. I scoffed knowing why, Zane was at his locker which was right next to mine. "Babe...." Zane sighed seeing me. "Don't babe me you mutt!" I snarled and slammed my locker shut and ran off to class, I knew it wasn't a good thing to disrespect him since he was the 'alpha' of the wolves here, meaning the leader of what ever, but he honestly still scared me even though a part of me wanted to run to him and let him hold for all eternity. But I couldn't.

"Ok class, today we will be learning about...." I tuned the teacher out not caring. I had let my mind wonder and it led to me thinking about my future, one with Zane. Zane was running in a backyard chasing a little girl, our little girl I presume and she runs smiling as a little boy tugs my hand and tells me to play. I loved the idea I did, if only Zane wasn't a wolf. All to soon the bell snapped me out of my dirty thoughts of Zane and I in bed and I blushed getting up. He looked right at me smirking like he knew what I had been thinking, I sent him the finger and a few people growled at me and that made me a little bit more scared as I ran to my next class.

By lunch time I had managed to get detention for not following the rules, which was to sit next to some jock-wolf that was a perv and then called him a fucking perverted mutt. Yea that got everyone growling at me. But would I show? No because I am not listening to some crazy bat. I grabbed my food and walked outside to sit under a tree, the same cherry blossom tree I have sat under for the last week alone. If anyone came to sit near me I walked off. Today was no different, so when Zane started walking up to me I stood up but he pinned me to the tree, dammit. I could feel millions of tiny electric shocks where he touched me and it felt so good!!!

"Please stop acting this way. It hurts both of us for you to deny our mate bond, I know you are just scared but don't be, I am here and will protect you." Zane whispered as he lowered his mouth to mine and quickly placed his lips on mine kissing me, when he realized I was kissing back he got rougher and I sighed and just as I was about to kiss him back he pulled away, tears in his eyes. "Why won't you admit you feel it to? I know I am not the only one! Stop being stubborn before it's to late, I love you I love you so much that it hurts when you reject us le that." Zane gasped. I wanted to cry because it hurt me to know he was hurting like that but I looked to my hands. "Fine you know what. Be that way, but don't think I will be there to help you through your shift! You will suffer on your own! My parents can finally get what they want." Zane spat, there was so much hurt in his eyes as he stormed off. I fell to my knees and cried silently.