Prologue

Heyyy pudding! Jk what's up, lovelies?!
Part 2 of Merlin Fairytale Series
Above picture is King Nicholas.

     Once upon a time, in a faraway kingdom known as Paradise, lived a young prince. The prince's name was Nicholas and for him, life was perfect. That is, until the day his father died. Nicholas had fled home, only returning when his future wife, Anastasia, plead with him. Nicholas fought his evil Uncle Karayan and won. He was crowned king and married Anastasia, who became his queen.
     Years passed.
     Not everyone was happy with Nicholas being king, however. Regina, a former lover of Karayan, was angry with the new king. She gathered together a gang of followers to get her revenge against Nicholas. However, her plan failed, and Regina and her followers were banished to the Outlands, a desolute, barren wasteland with nothing and where the sky was permanently red.
     It was a cruel punishment but necessary at the time.
    Unfortunately, the war had only begun....

    It was a dark and stormy night. The castle was quiet, except for the sounds of a woman screaming in pain. Suddenly, the sound of horse's hooves filled the night as a man in a long black cloak rode the beast towards the castle. He stopped, just shy of the castle, and leapt off his horse, handing over the reins and ran into the castle, tearing off his cloak as he went, revealing the king himself.
     As Nicholas raced down the hall, he was joined by a woman in a long black cloak. "Sire, thank the gods that you've arrived!"
     "How is she, Nyx?" Nicholas asked, worry evident on his face.
     "Your wife is the strongest woman I've ever known. I have no doubt that she will survive this night and many more to come."
     "Has she had the child yet?"
     "No, sire. Unfortunately, her labor has stretched on for many hours. I believe it was the God's wishes that you would not miss the birth of your child."
     "Has Gaius arrived?"
     "He has, sire. He is with your wife now. We must hurry. Quickly now, majesty! She may have the child at any moment!"
     No more words were spoken as Nicholas and Nyx raced for the birthing chambers. They made it inside and Nicholas immediately rushed to Anastasia's side just before she gave one final push, and their child fell into the arms of Gaius.
     The old man took to cleaning up the child and wrapping her in a warm blanket. Mother and father alike held one another as Gaius strode out on the balcony of the birthing chambers. Outside, everyone in the village had gathered in the courtyard upon their king's return. Gaius held up the child and announced in a booming voice, "I PRESENT PRINCESS ROSALIA!"
     At this, the crowd outside went crazy before bowing down in respect to their new princess.
     Gaius returned, setting Rosalia in her mother's arms. The king and queen rejoiced. Tonight, their daughter was born!
     They had no idea of what she was about to face...

To be continued...