Chapter 6: And the Walls Come Tumblin' Down

It had taken Ben a little bit to fall asleep on the floor. He felt like he would have been more comfortable sleeping in his truck again, but he didn't want to be rude. What seemed to ease him a little bit was how long it took Dean to fall asleep.

After the two had gone over to their makeshift beds, a few more questions were asked, along with some light chitchat. Mostly, Ben wanted to wait until the girls came back. For some strange reason, he really wanted to tell Claire good night. However, he never got the chance. Dean's soft snores, along with the crackling sound of the fire dying and the noises that come from a nighttime woods, Ben was quickly asleep. He didn't realize this until he woke up the next morning, a blanket tangled between his legs, a arm across his face and the smell of bacon filling his nose. As he sat up, he heard Dean begin to stir on the couch above him.

Dean say up and stretched, groaning at how stiff his back felt. He was getting too old to be sleeping on a couch. He almost wished he would have taken the floor, but Ben had looked so peaceful once he was finally asleep.

"Good monrin', boys," Jody's voice hummed lightly from the kitchen. She was busy preparing the whole house a light breakfast before she had to go into the station for the day.

"Mornin'," both Dean and Ben mumbled. Ben slowly sat up and stretched, his back aching. Yup, he definitely wished he would have slept in the truck.

"How didja sleep?" Jody asked as a door opened back the hall and soft footsteps were heard.

"I'm gettin' too old to be sleepin' on couches," Dean grumbled, wishing Castiel was around to give him a back rub. That man could perform magic with his fingers when it came to massages, though most of their massages only last a few minutes before something else happened. Dean found himself picturing his angel and groaned at the feeling he was getting between his legs. "Shit," he mumbled and threw the blankets back, being glad that he had decided to sleep in his jeans. At least he still had a little bit of protection. He stood up and padded back the hall to the bathroom, hoping with time, Little Dean would relax.

Lucky for him, Ben hadn't noticed. He was too focused on his phone, seeing he had several messages from his mom. "Shit, I'm in trouble," he mumbled and stood up. He walked over to the front door and motioned to his phone before Jody could ask where he was going.

Once he was outside on the small porch, he went over to a wooden rocking chair and sat down, propping his bare feet up on the banister in front of him. He closed his eyes for a second as he pinched the bridge of his nose. Pushing the call button. He sighed heavily and waited for the worst.

"Wow, so my only son is still alive," Lisa sarcastically said on the other end, but Ben could hear how worried she was.

"Yeah, Mom. I'm sorry," he started, feeling more upset than he should about not calling her sooner. She knew how much she worried and yet he was able to push her to the back of hia mind, letting his excitement of finding his father take over. One day out of the house and he was already a disappointment.

"Well, where are ya?" Lisa asked after a few seconds of silence. She could hear birds chirping in the background, so she figured he was outside somewhere.

"Um, I'm not really sure," Ben said as he looked around as though the many vehicles in the front yard would give him some clue. "I think I'm still in Souix Falls."

"Well, wasn't that where you were hopin' to be?"

Ben nodded, as though she could see him. "Yeah, it was. I didn't have to really search for him, either. He came to me."

Lisa paused for a few seconds, unsure of what to say. "Oh... Um, you've met Dean already?"

"Yeah, he showed up last night and we talked. He is my dad, Mom. I'm not really sure of all thw details yet, but I've got time. He wants to take me back to his house in Kansas to meet his brother and mother," Ben rambled on, getting more and more excited, yet confused at the same time.