10 - the book

I followed the way where she was walking. Good thing it stopped raining already. I doubt she brought an umbrella. Although I wonder if she likes rain as much as I like it or if she hates it.

She stopped in the bookshop where I stood for seconds when the rain first poured down minutes ago.

She scanned the books displayed outside while a man, who I suppose to be is the seller, maybe asked what book she's finding.

I guess she didn't need help anymore as I saw her reaction turned elated and I think she even sighed in joy when she held out a book in her hands, looked at the front cover, and held it in her arms.

Why would she hug a book? That's unusual. But she said she's a writer so maybe that's her favorite novel, or the author was her idol.

I thought she's gonna buy it but she put it back on the shelf, thanked the man, and started to walk away.

She's not gonna buy that? Is that book expensive enough? Ah, right, so that's why she hugged it. Maybe she's saving up for it.

I got curious. I hurriedly got out of the café and went straight to the bookstore.

"Excuse me, Sir?" I greeted the same man whom she talked with. "May I know what book did the woman earlier is trying to find and then, um, hugged?"

"Oh, sure, here." He held it to me. "Will you buy it?"

Hmm? Should I buy it? I have no time to think as she might get far from me now. I still need to follow her. I immediately answered yes and gave the man money.

I ran towards the direction she walked to. I saw her instantly and followed, but I'm still not sure what to do, or why was I following her, so I walked far from her so she won't see me.

My bodyguard approached me and asked where was I going and I told him to just follow. He also informed me my manager called but I almost didn't care.

Where is she heading?

What if she's really meeting with her boyfriend, fiancé, or worst, her husband?

And what if she sees me by then? What will I tell her? Why am I following her in the first place??

~~~
A/N: please remember this chapter. You'll be needing this one day HAHAHA :-P