11 - mistaken

I saw her stopped by in a school.

Why would she be in a school? Is she a teacher? Or maybe her husband teaches here?

I walked a few more steps to get a closer look and hid in a post.

Until I saw her waving her hands and a kid run towards her, hugging Clarisse.

OH MY GOD! I slapped my forehead. How can I not think about her having a baby? That's why she kept saying baby over the phone!

It's wrong for me to involve myself with a married woman, moreover if she has a child. So I turned around.

But my phone suddenly rang. When I checked, it was my manager. Wrong timing.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Yes sir, I understand. I'm on my way home now."

While I was still on the phone, I almost panicked when Clarisse and the child walked infront of me. Good thing I was facing almost the opposite side and Clarisse was talking to the girl.

"Your mom told me to fetch you, but don't worry your dad is on the way now, he's just stucked in traffic. So once we're home, he's probably there already." I overheard. So I keep following them again. "But before anything else, what do you wanna eat? My treat!"

So the child is not hers. Thank God. I thought it's over. Maybe this is a sign.

I continued to follow them as they stopped to eat some ice cream.

I took some pictures of Clarisse and the young girl while they were walking.

{a/n: hahahaha sorry i really just had to include those here to make it more realistic XD}

From what I've observed, Clarisse knows how to take care of a child. She's really easy-to-be-with as she's funny, playful, and caring with the kid. I like that quality.

As soon as they finished eating, they walked home while playing with each other. I didn't notice time was passing by. All I could see and care is about them right now even though I look like a stalker.

Upon reaching a house, which I think where they live, or maybe where the child leaves, my bodyguard approached and asked me if I am following the woman. I said yes and it's a good thing he understood why right away. I told him not to tell my manager and he assured me.

We kept our distance over them so they won't see us.

A car then suddenly appeared and stopped right in front of the house just exactly as Clarisse and the child got home.

A man got out of the driver's seat and when the child saw him, she ran towards him and he carried her. He must be the father, I thought.

"Bonjour!" Clarisse greets him.

"Hi there, Clarisse. You're right on time. Good."

"Yes, thank you."

"Daddy, daddy! We had ice cream while walking home awhile ago. Can we have ice cream again later?"

"Oh, darling. You might get sick from too much ice cream. How about you go eat ice cream with Clarisse again tomorrow?"

"Sir, I think we're stalking long enough. I'm afraid we might get caught. And you mustn't be seen or known by anyone here." My guard reminded me.

"I know, but just one more minute. I'd like to speak to her before I leave." I say. I touched my bag and felt the book bulged inside. "I still need to give her the book."

"What's that for, sir? If I may ask?"

"I saw her holding this back at the book store awhile ago. She looks like she wanted it so bad, I don't know though why she won't buy it, so I thought I can give her this as a present."

We were still hiding behind a post just near their house.

MY POV

"Clarisse, thank you for picking her up. Her mom's always stuck in work at noon. "

"No problem. It's the least I can do for your generosity in letting me stay here in your house until I get one on my own soon."

"Oh, don't worry about it. Take your time. Your mother has always been nice to me and my wife anyway. By the way, aren't you busy with work? Don't you have anything to do?"

"Uhm, actually, sir, I have. Can I go home late tonight? I'm planning to work overtime today."

"Sure, sure! Go ahead. I'll just tell Sussie about it. Don't worry about Savannah. I'll handle her, we'll order pizza, right kiddo?"

"Yey!" The child yelled in joy.

"Alright then, see you later, sir!" I say.

I walked away from outside the house sighing to the fact that I'm working overtime again tonight. I shouldn't have skipped work this morning.

~~~
A/n: it's a random chapter sorry. I can't think of any way how it should be but shake it off and just continue on with the next chapter lol

PS. She's not Clarisse's sister. The kid is actually her cousin. Her mom's brother is the French old man here. And their family is just letting Clarisse stay in their house. ^_^