~Chapter III (No ones POV)~

"We're here Jack Bruno."
Jess stirred in her sleep, which caused Seth to chuckle a bit. The young teen opened her eyes slowly. She was looking looked tired but she managed to still stay awake.
"Here? There's nothing here."
Jack Bruno stopped the car in front of a broken house.
"Someone's expecting you two right?" he asked, "Doesn't look like anyone's home."
"Don't worry Jack Bruno, we'll soon be reunited with relatives", Sara answered.
Jess grabbed Seth's hand.
'You're leaving?' he heard a voice in his head.
Seth nodded. He saw tears threatening to spill from her eyes. Jack didn't see this.
"Okay... $720.50... But after everything that went down today, how about I knock off 25% and I also..."
"Here."
Seth gave Jack the whole wad of cash and jumped out of the car after Sara. After he left the car with his sister, a sudden coldness overwhelmed Jess. She shivered.
"Okay then. Goodbye to you too", Jack yelled after the two.
He was counting the money and was mumbling something which Jess couldn't hear. So he didn't realize the longing look his niece had in her eyes while looking out of the window. Her thoughts were with Seth. She then made a decision and suddenly jumped out of the car. Jack turned his head at her sudden movements.
"Hey, hey Jess!" he yelled after her.
She ignored his yelling and ran to the broken house.
There was a crashing sound, which made Jess's heart stop for a second.
"Everything okay in there?" Jack yelled.
He had stepped behind Jess. She was startled and yelped. Jess gave her uncle a playful glare. After waiting a few more moments, they both went inside the house.
"Hello?"
Jess turned around. She clearly felt like being watched. Jack had the leg of a table in his hand. Jess suddenly felt a hand on her arm which pulled her down. She was about to scream and kick or punch after it, but a hand was laid over her mouth. Jess was now crouching behind a couch facing Seth and Sara.
Then, something went through Seth's shoulder. It was the wooden leg of the table Jack had in his hands.
"What just happened?"
"Jack Bruno, you should not have jeopardized your life by following us", Sara whispered.
"What sort of trouble are you two in?"
"I suggest you return back to your vehicle. Your services are no longer required", Seth snapped.
"Seth he's just trying to help."
"We don't need his help. Somebody's already been here looking for it. We simply cannot trust any of them. Just us Sara."
The last words hurt Jess deeply. It was stinging in her heart and she didn't know why.
He wasn't trusting them. He wasn't trusting her.
'Why?'
Both, Seth and Sara looked at her with a weird expression. Jess nervously bit on her nail.
"We appreciate your efforts Jack Bruno. But my brother is right. We can involve you no further."
There were a few more moments of silence.
"Got it! Let's go!" Seth exclaimed suddenly.
They both got up and ran around a corner, followed by a confused and emotionally hurt Jess.
"Hey just tell me what's..." Jack began.
"Hurry up Sara."
The two blond teens stopped in front of a white old fridge. Seth took out a strange object and placed it next to the fridge. It then opened a new passage.
"What is that?" Jack asked.
All three teens went into the passage.
"Hey!... Don't go into the pimped out fridge, Jack. Hey!"
He followed the three teens. At the end of the way was a shelf. Seth placed his strange device on the side of the shelf. Another secret passage opened.
That passage was leading to an area, which looked like a forest, with strange plants growing from the ground and from the ceiling. Some of the were flowing and pulsing.
"What is this place?"
Seth ignored Jack's question and went into the jungle of strange plants.
"This way."
Jess instinctively followed them both.
"Hey hey, hey!"
Nobody listened to Jack and continued to walk around. Jess followed them because she wanted to know what Seth and Sara searched for and because she was worried. She was deep in thought so she didn't realized that she tripped and fell. She yelped in panic. When her ribs met with the hard ground, she couldn't breathe for a moment and her vision was slowly going black. When Seth had heard her yelp and a heavy thud, he immediately turned around and saw Jess laying on the ground.
"Hey, what happened? Are you okay?"
He panicked when Jess didn't respond and ran to her.
"Hey."
He was carefully shaking her shoulder. She suddenly stirred and groaned, before lifting her head a bit. Seth sighed with relief.
"Are you okay?"
Jess nodded slowly, but that wasn't the complete truth.