Chap 8 (Jess POV)

Jess POV

"Hey."

'Leave me alone.'

"Sweetie can you hear me?"

'Uncle Jack?'

"Wake up!"

My eyes shot open with a scream. Someone grabbed my shoulders and shook me violently.

"Jack Bruno I don't think that it's..."

I leaned over the edge of the bed and threw up in the bucket next to the bed I was laying in.

"Jess?"

"Take your hands off of her."

"Calm down. I'm just worried about her health, like you."

"Jack Bruno you can't keep them separated forever."

Uncle Jack grunted and walked away. I rolled and laid on my back again. My eyes saw two blond persons in my age at the bed's side. One of them was sitting on the edge.

"Jess?"

"Seth."

He smiled.

"Where are we?"

"In a hotel", Sara answered.

"How long was I out?"

Sara looked sad at me.

"Two days."

"Oh so long? Wait... two days?"

Today was my sixteenth birthday. Seth helped me sit up and pulled my hair back. He pressed a kiss to the back of my neck.

"I'll go talk to Jack about that Seth."

I was confused. I turned to Seth who looked at me lovingly.

"What did she mean by that?"

"I think I have to explain some things."

He leaned back and I did the same.

"Well, there's something called soulmates. It's when a person finds his other half, another person you would do anything for."

"And you found that one?"

"Yes."

"Who is it?"

He leaned down and kissed me gently.

"It's you my love. Only you can make my heart warm up. I want to do anything for you. Love you, cherish you, be together with you and spend my love with you, forever!"

"And you vow to that?" Jack asked.

He and Sara had entered silently while Seth had explained.

"Yes. I vow that I will protect her, to love and cherish her. But only if she is willingly to spend her life with me."

"I'm willingly. You're the one that makes me feel complete."

Jack sat on the other side of the bed and laid one of his hands on my shoulder and with the other, he pulled back my hair. Sara sat behind Seth and did the same with him but only her hands on his shoulders. Seth kissed me again, this time longer and also gently. His hands were holding something, I couldn't see what it was. He hold it in front of my neck and I felt something cold, like metal. He clipped the thing behind my neck and broke the kiss. I was laying on my back as he leaned down, kissing the necklace and biting gently my neck skin. The necklace glowed in a soft and pure light. I inhaled deeply and noticed that I was feeling better immediately.

"Happy Birthday my mate."

Jack and Sara let go of our shoulders and stood.

"Well I don't know about you, but I need a piece of cake."

My eyes shot open.

'Did he just say cake?'

He went outside. While he was gone, I took the time to look around.

 While he was gone, I took the time to look around

The room was bright. I was laying on a big and higher bed with red and white pillows and blanket. On the right side side was a little sofa. I sat up and looked down to the necklace Seth gave me.

It was a red crystal heart with pure crystal stones, hold together by gold

"Why did it glow earlier ago?" I asked.

"It's like a seal when you vow something very important. The light seals it and when someone doesn't feel good, it makes you feel better. Like you now."

"Well I feel better now. So what's going to happen now after the vow?"

"Bonding and mating."

"Let me guess, it's like spending more time together, make-out sessions and this... ehm... making... love?"

Seth chuckled.

"Yes it is."

"But when you find your spaceship... you'll have to leave..."

My eyes watered. Seth kissed away the already rolling tears before saying:

"We will figure this out, I promise."

Just then Jack bursted in with Sara, which I didn't noticed going out. Jack held a plate with a cake.

 Jack held a plate with a cake

"One of your favorites. On the top vanilla with white frosting, in the middle strawberry with pink frosting and at the bottom chocolate with dark frosting. Happy Birthday Jessy-mouse."