~Chapter IV (Jess POV)~

When Seth asked me if I was okay, I lied and nodded. Seth smiled shortly, before him and his sister helped me up. It was painful, but I tried everything to not show it.
"You're sure you're okay?" he asked me.
I nodded again.
"Fine, but I will take some medicine just in case."
Seth went through some plants and seemed to search for something. He stopped in front of a plant with flowers which were looking like roses. He took a few of them and came out of the bushes. His device then started to beep wildly. I followed Seth, while Sara went another way, followed by Jack. Seth and I were walking towards some orb-looking plant. I realized that I was walking with a bent back. It was bent just a bit. Seth was holding his device over the plant and the device started beeping like crazy.
"Sara it's here!" he yelled.
Sara came running with Jack following close behind her. She stopped and smiled, took her necklace off and placed it on the glowing plant. She then put her hand in that plant. After a minute or so, she took it out, but there was another device in her hand.
"What a- What is it?" Jack asked.
"It is what we came looking for Jack Bruno", Sara answered him.
"Really? Is anyone else lookin' for it? Say, is the person that trashed everything upstairs?"
"We think so", Seth started.
'I knew someone was there. It felt like someone was watching me the whole time.'
"It is very valuable", Seth continued, "Which is why it was vital that we located it first."
"What makes you so sure that whoever else wanted it, isn't still looking for it?" Jack wanted to know.
Just then we heard some twigs snap. We ducked and went behind some bushes. Uncle Jack was behind us and pushed us down.
"Go... go!"
Then the sound of snapping twigs was coming closer.
"Run, run, run!" Jack yelled.
We were running through the whole jungle when Jack hit something with the table leg, which he still had clutched in his hands. It was a person in black armor. The person threw him back with his hand and Jack landed hard on the ground. We three were hiding between some bushes and waited for the armored man to pass us. He raised his arm where a gun was attached and shot an orb-plant. It gave a sound of wailing.
'As if this thing is like us humans.'
When he shot the plant, we were met by an invisible wave. We stood up quickly as the armored thing walked to the other orb-plants.
"Jack Bruno!"
"Kids!"
More of these orb-plants were shot and caught fire and every time there was a whining sound. The blue fire from the plants dropped to the ground and changed its color to orange.
"Go, go, go Sara!" Seth yelled.
There was another shot that sent us flying through the air. We landed hard on the ground and reminded me of my injuries. We stood up again after the next explosion and ran.
"Jack Bruno!"
Suddenly the armored thing was behind Sara and hit her hand, causing the device to fly out of her hands.
"Seth!"
The armored thing threw Seth back and went to grab the device. But I jumped forward, completely ignoring my pains, and grabbed the device. The strange person suddenly grabbed me by my neck and began to strangle me. He squeezed really heard and I tried to free myself by clawing at his hands.
"JESS!"
The yelling of my uncle wasn't reaching me completely. I saw black spots clouding my vision. My breathing was failing as well. But then the hand around my neck loosened and I felt myself flying through the air, before I landed on the hard ground. I couldn't breath for a few moments. Some minutes might have passed, when I felt some hands on me. One on my arm and one cupping my face. My eyes were still closed and was exhausted to open them. I heard a voice in my distance, someone was calling my name.
'Uncle Jack?'
No. The voice was not sounding that deep.
'Sara?'
No. Sara's voice doesn't sound like that.
'Seth?'
It had to be him. But how did he know my name? I slowly remembered, that uncle Jack had said my name sometime earlier ago. Seth must have caught it then. But something else crawled into my mind.
Something strange. I saw my mother before my inner eye, she was saying something. But I could just make out the words 'different', 'human', 'abilities', 'species'. That was all I got before I managed to open my eyes. Everything around me was blurred. It was barely getting better. Hovering over me was Seth with a clearly worried expression.
"Jess?"
"Seth?" I whispered.
His eyes widened, he must have wondered that I spoke because I didn't respond to anything the whole time we were driving.
"You just spoke?"
"Seth!"
That was Sara.
"Jess!"
And that was uncle Jack.
"Come on we have to get out of here!"
Seth quickly helped me with standing up. But there was a piercing pain in my stomach, which made me scream out in pain.
"Shit, you're bleeding!"
I looked down and saw a big and dark bloodstain on my white top.
"Ok I will be picking you up careful now", Seth warned me.
He then scooped me up carefully. It was still hurting but I tried my best to not show it. But I visibly failed.
My hands were clutching to his shoulders and my face was hiding next to his neck.
"I know it hurts, we will be out here soon, I promise."
I heard running feet.
"JESS!"
Uncle Jack. He was okay.
"What happened?"
"Jack Bruno, it's urgent that we get back to your vehicle and away from this place!"
I felt Seth's chest vibrate when he spoke. It calmed me down, not just his voice but also his warmth.
"Keep moving, keep moving!"
The ashes slowly came into my lungs, that made me coughing.
"Faster, faster!"
After a minute, I could breathe in fresh air again. My breathing slowed down a bit.
"Get in!"
Behind us were still heavy explosions. I heard the taxi door being opened and felt myself being laid down on the back seats. My head and my legs were lifted a bit. Sara laid my legs on her lap and my head was being laid on Seth's lap. I coughed again when Jack started the car and drove away.