Down the Rabbit Hole...

Narrator's POV

Hadrian Potter and Hermione Franqui shuffled quietly out of their highschool for the last time.

They had just finished their last day of Twelfth Year, and Hadrian walked Hermione back to Hogwarts Orphanage.

"Are you going to be okay?" Hermione asked Hadrian, knowing that his aunt and uncle were abusive to him

"I'll be fine, 'Mione, they can't kill me." Hadrian said, walking her to the door

"I know, bye, Hadrian. I'll see you tomorrow and I'll bring some bandages, okay." Hermione said, going inside

"Yeah, tomorrow." Hadrian chuckled walking away, already foreseeing his pain

Hadrian decided to avoid his relatives for as long as possible by going to a nearby field that was covered in red flowers and one singular oak tree.

Hadrian laid among the flowers, completely hidden from sight, and he laid there contently just watching the fluffy clouds.

Suddenly, he heard a voice shout, "I'M LATE! I'M LATE! THE KING WILL HAVE MY HEAD FOR THIS!"

Hadrian immediately sat up and he saw the strangest sight: a blond boy with grey eyes, dressed in a red tailcoat, white dress shirt, black slacks, and he had white rabbit tail and ears, running though the field.

The rabbit-boy suddenly jumped at the base if the oak tree and disappeared.

Hadrian immediately stood up and ran towards the tree and tripped on one of its roots, falling down a hole he never saw before.

***

Hadrian quickly noticed that his t-shirt had changed to a light blue dress that had a frilly white apron, his jeans changed to black and white striped tights, his old sneakers changed to black Mary Janes, and there was a black bow on his head.

"Why'd it have to be a dress?" Hadrian muttered

He then noticed the gold mirrors, tables with tea, cushioned chairs, and clocks that were ticking floating while he fell.

As he reached the end, he landed softly on a pile of twigs.

"I'M LATE!" He heard the rabbit-boy shout again, running down the hall that was filled with doors of all shapes, sizes, and colors.

He saw the rabbit-boy turn at the next corner and open a door.

When Hadrian arrived to where the rabbit-boy had been standing, he couldn't remember which door he had opened: the one on the left was a red door that had a red heart on its center; the one on the right was a black door that had a blue water drop on it.

The chose the door on the right and stepped into it.

Hadrian landed hardly on planks of wood.

He stood up and saw that he was on the dock of a large pond.

Hadrian looked around for a boat or a path alongside the pond but found nothing.

In the center of the pond and sagging on a patch of land, he saw a girl blond hair in a brown dress and had a green turtle shell on her back.

And she was crying, her tears made the water level rise.

"Why are you crying?" Hadrian asked

"My. Boyfriend. Dumped. Me." She cried

"How'd that happen?' Hadrian asked, wanting to get across

"He said he found a girl working in the King's Castle that was cuter than me." She sniffled

"I'm Hadrian Potter, do you know how I can return to the other world?" Hadrian introduced

"I'm Lavender Brown. I think the Cheshire Cat knows how to go, just follow the path behind me and you'll find her." Lavender answered

"That's great, but how do I get across?" Hadrian asked "I don't see a path or a boat."

"The lake is fueled on tears, see it's going down now that I'm not crying." Lavender answered

Hadrian walked across the dry lake and down the path that Lavender pointed out.

Eventually, the silver sun began to set on the purple sky as the night began as Hadrian came across a cross road.

"Lavender didn't tell me there was a cross road." Hadrian muttered "How will I find the Cheshire Cat now?"

"Up here, darling." A voice from above answered

Hadrian looked up and saw nothing, suddenly a disembodied smile appeared.

Then the rest of the body appeared to show a blonde girl with a black and purple checkered dress, black tights, black boots, purple cat ears and tail.

"I'm Luna Lovegood, sweetheart, why were you looking for me?" Luna asked

"I'm Hadrian Potter, do you know how I can get back to the other world, Lavender said you did?" Hadrian asked her

"No, but the Door Mouse does. You'll find him with the March Hare and the cute Mad Hatter." Luna answered

"And where will I find them?" Hadrian asked

"Go down the right path, honey." Luna answered, disappearing with her smile being the last thing to fade away

Hadrian sighed and began his way, he doubted he would sleep tonight...