6: Different

"What?" He answers rudely before swinging the door open, but when his dark eyes lock with mine, all I could see is emptiness. I stare back at him in shock. His eyes are cold and dark, jade, a complete contrast to his usual bright emerald swirls. This isn't the Noah I know. This is Alpha Jackson. The tyrant every one feared. I gulp and take a microscopic step backwards. His state is actually surprising.

He reeks of alcohol and I have no doubt that he is drunk as hell. He is holding a half-empty bottle of Bourbon in his slightly shaking hand. He tightens his grip around the neck of the bottle and his knuckles pale gradually. His bare torso entrances me for a few seconds before I quickly snap out of my oggling stupor.

He just stares at me before growling at something. I look down and around myself, but I don't notice anything out of the ordinary. Maybe he just registered that it is me standing in front of him in his drunken haze.

"Who's shirt is that? Are you seriously already whoring around?" He asks lowly before chuckling in disbelief.
Okay, that hurt. Does he really think this lowly of me?

Of course not. He just... He is hurt. Trust me. Hunter is reprimanding him as we speak.

Thanks. I reply dryly before zoning back in.

"Actually, Alpha, she was knocking on the front door and when I opened it, I saw her already naked and shivering outside, so I took the liberty to give her a shirt from the closet at the front door. She was persistent to meet with you immediately." Burly explains half-arsed. Obviously he left out the part where I totally kicked his butt. All that training finally paid off.

"Leave." Noah growls and at first, I thought he meant Burly, but he is staring directly at me.

"Oh, okay." I sigh in defeat and walk away, not wanting to cause an argument, but before I could take a step, a hand grips onto my good wrist before pulling me backwards. "Not you, idiot. Him." Noah mocks and I whimper at his words. Who is this? I probably should've let him cool down before coming back.

"I would rather leave," I state before ripping myself from his grip.
"I'll come back when you are sober." I say through gritted teeth, but he abruptly pulls me backwards and into the wall. I groan as I slam into the wall and Noah slams the door to his office shut. My arm is almost healed. That's weird.

"No. You don't even deserve my time, Rogue." He spits the name out in distaste as if I was nothing but the scum under his shoe and my wolf howls eternally at her mate's cruel words. I quickly shush her, not wanting to be distracted during this conversation.

"Then why did you pull me into your office, Alpha?" I smirk tauntingly and he just growls before stepping away. He takes an enormous gulp from the emptying alcohol, almost finishing the bottle off before throwing the rest into the crackling fire in the fireplace against the wall opposite from his bookshelves.

"Don't mock me." He says lowly before sitting down on the couch near his desk. His office is quite spacious.
"Why did you come back? I thought I had made it clear that I do not want to see your revolting face ever again." He whispers harshly. My heart breaks at the cruel words coming from his alcohol tainted lips. They say a drunk man speaks the truth. I think it's true since you can't really filter what you say when you are drunk. I knew he was disgusted by me.

"Well, all I could think about is how you misunderstood me and rejected me." I state coldly before whipping around to exit. "Clearly you do not care anymore and I would rather not make you ill by showing my revolting face." I comment before swinging the door open, but before I could even register what was happening, I crashed into Aiden's chest

"Blaze, I am so sorry." I just shove him out of my way before running to the front door. I was about to run into the forest, when a giant wolf crashes into my torso.