14: Answers

Dedicated to 22elmasq, and eestep

*_*_*_*

I sit alongside Noah on his bed and wait for him to start explaining what he found out.

"I'm just going to jump into it, considering the fact that you want to go see the baby. Basically, he told me that he wasn't there to take you back, but to kill you.
He found his mate, Penelope, I think her name was, on a date of sorts with his Beta, Samuel. That's why he came here, he knew all along that you were here. He tracked your scent to my boarder and caught wind about you joining my pack and being my mate. I have a feeling that has something to do with Veronica. Samuel challenged Drake for the Alpha position and won.
Drake was devastated and decided that since he had nothing to live for, he was going to kill you since you were technically the last family he had left. He blamed his family for being the black sheep and decided to take revenge by becoming Alpha and stealing his brother's daughter since he, himself couldn't reproduce. I would say that it was a tragic story, but the entire time he was telling it, I just saw the scars on your back- and all I saw was red.

I killed him.

I am not sorry about it. He was a broken, revenge-driven person who wasn't going to stop until he tortured you to the point of death. I would be damned if I were to let that ever happen to you."

I honestly don't care about the fact that Alpha Drake is dead, but rather about the fact that I technically have a pack to take care of and they don't even know I'm their true leader. I hate that pack for abandoning me and forgetting my parents. I don't want to be associated with them. Samuel can keep the pack. I don't care anymore. I have my own pack, I realized. Noah wants me to be his mate, which means he wants me to be his Luna, right?

"Thank you. For ending this. For not making a big deal over my past. For staying with me. And most importantly, for accepting me." I peck Noah's cheek before standing up and reaching for his hands.
"Now let's go meet Lukas." The excitement in my voice could not be hidden at the thought of Julie's baby. The image of Aaron carrying the small bundle in his bulging muscled arms makes me giggle.

I can't help but imagine what Noah would look like holding our baby someday.

"What would we call our baby one day?" I question him right before we came to a stop in front of Aaron's room where we could hear the faint gurgles of their newborn.

"I don't want to think about that now. It won't be happening anytime soon." I flinch at the harshness in Noah's tone of voice and quickly rap my knuckles against the door to escape his negativity. Luckily, the door swings open almost instantaneously.

"Blaze! Thank goodness you're here. I need a break from cradling, my arms are going to fall off." Aaron quickly, yet carefully placed the tiny bundle covered in a sky blue blanket in my outstretched arms before shaking his arms out. I roll my eyes at his dramatics and unconsciously start rocking my arms. Perhaps Aaron and Aiden aren't that different.

My stare darts from Noah towards the child in my arms. He has Aaron's nose and his thick chocolate brown tresses. His smile is small and innocent like Julie's and he even has her dimple in his left cheek. His eyes are screwed shut as he naps in my arms but a growl from my right immediately wakes him up. His eyes strike me and I almost lost my grip on the back of his neck. One eye is pale blue, almost grey, like Julie's and the other is dark brown with golden flecks, much like Aaron's dark eyes. I gasp and he giggles pointing towards my right and I quickly glance up to see that it was Noah who growled.

Noah seems to be fuming and I can't imagine why. Does he really want a turn to hold Lukas that bad?

He wouldn't growl at me though... Would he?