12: First Date Jitters

Dedicated to @mazlyn2012 and @megantr123
*_*_*_*_*

Fireworks.

His lips dancing entrancingly with mine to a song only our hearts know.

The most amazing feeling in the world.

And yet... It ended.

Why?

Because we rolled over and Noah's fat ass broke the picnic basket.

"I am not fat! Muscles weigh more than fat anyway." He sticks his tongue out like the child he is and I poke it with my index finger before wiping it off on his chest.

"You're just in denial." I tease and roll onto my back. A sudden fit of giggles attack me and soon Noah's deep chuckles follow.

"Oh goddess. Do you really think I am fat, though?" He questions with slight panic lacing his voice as he pokes his rock hard abs with a pout.

"Of course not." I roll my eyes at his cuteness. I peck his cheek and smile at his brightened up face.

"I like this." Noah states after a moment of silently appreciating each other's company. If only it were this easy a month ago. We would have been so much more. We could have been on so many dates and we could have done so much more... But because of our childish acts of falsity we have to pay the price. We could have built the strongest of bonds by now.

But we hadn't.

A frown paints itself onto my face and Noah pinches his eyebrows together with concern.

"What's wrong, Love?" I look up at his chartreuse eyes and something came over me. I don't know what or why, but I just jump into his arms and hug him for dear life. I don't want this feeling to ever end. I feel safe. I feel like I can finally relax and be happy without looking over my shoulder all of the time. Noah makes me feel like I belong.

"Never leave me." I whisper into his chest. I tense up and wait apprehensively for Noah's response. His strong arms tighten around my small waist.

"Only if you never leave me." He murmurs into my hair before kissing the top of my head. I sigh in relief and settle into a comfortable position, staring up at Noah.
His exotic eyes whirl into a darkening green as they slowly shut.

With a sigh of frustration, Noah reopens them and smiles down at me.

"They need me at the pack house and you, my pretty little mate, have to go get ready for our date, which has something to do with swimming." He winks and abruptly stand up, pulling me up with him. He wraps his arms around my waist and bends down so our foreheads could touch and starts whispering sweet nothings. I smile shyly and pat my cheeks to cool them down before they melt off of my heating face.

"I really cannot wait for our date tonight." Noah groans and pecks the corner of my mouth before reluctantly pulling away to examine my face. I can easily tell that he wanted to do more than that, but he also knows I am new to this whole kissing thing.

"Me neither. But we kind of have to go back to the pack house before they send out a search party." I giggle and nuzzle my face into his chest.

After arriving back at the pack house, Noah insists upon escourting me back to my room.

"I regret to inform you that I must depart from your gorgeous self to go organize a few things. I bid you a good two to three hours away from my godly being." Noah bends down and kisses the top of my hand and I cannot help but snort.

"That was horrible." I giggle and he sends me a dazzling grin. He straightens up and places his warm palms against my frozen cheeks, but before he could lower his head to kiss me, like I have waited for ever so apprehensively, the squeal of pure disgust rings through the hall. Noah and I both turn our heads to the side in disbelief, only to face an amused looking Annalise and a blushing little boy.