Blood-Red Punishment

Stood there, was a man in a white lab-coat. He coughed, to get my full attention. He had crazy, curly black hair and dark brown eyes. He was about 30. 

"What?" I asked, as he was clearly here for something.

"It's time for your tests." He stated simply, and I heard everyone return to their seats in silence. Did they know what was happening? Of course, even Carrie gave me a sympathetic look.

"What tests?" I questioned, genuinely scared. 

"No more questions." He said, approaching me quickly. He grabbed my arm with such force that I cried out. "Come with me." he started to drag me out of the door. 

"Carrie!" I shouted for help, but before she could speak, the doors slammed shut in front of my face.

The white walls were suddenly all too intimidating, and tears ran silently down my face. Tests? Being dragged by my heals, I tried to keep up with his fast pace. No time for questions.

One, two, three, seven doors we had passed between we came to a corner, where I was dragged round harshly. I could see the big white doors at the end of the white hallway, and a sign said 'Testing Room #3' on the wall that we passed quickly. I wanted my Mum.

"Don't speak when you get inside." He warned, before pushing open the great doors. I simply went limp as I saw what was inside. There were chambers, tables with awful looking straps... it looked like something out of a movie. If I could speak, I would both swear and scream. Yet again pulling my dead weight, he led me to a scary-looking woman in a replica lab-coat. She just nodded, and the other man let go and left silently. What was going on?

The woman, similar looking to Miss Jarman, looked at her clipboard.

"Destery Meadows. Possession whenever she reaches the woods, and demonic outbursts have happened in other places since the possessions started. Interesting. You're going for the blood test first. I'll lead you there." She didn't smile, and she'd said it in monotone. I was left speechless, and she nodded to her left. I followed obediently. She was explaining how it was going to work, but my mind was starting to go numb. Like in the woods, I could feel it building up. 

Arriving at a bed-like desk, she asked me to sit. I obeyed, but continued to stare into nothing as they started to gather around me. Needles were being poked into me, but I didn't even cringe. I wasn't there. 

"She's leaving us." I heard one woman say, somewhat in the distance.

"Work quick, skip the memory tests, take her to the experimentation area." A man said, more loudly, more certain. I started coming back, the anger boiling up. Experimentation area? 

The needles all left my arms and stomach, and I was starting to be pushed around on the bed thing. Patches with wires on them were being attached to me, and the ceiling was a blur of white, I was moving so fast. I honestly didn't know how to handle myself, so I started shaking. Immediately, I saw heads hover above me, shouting odd words like stabilize and concern. I couldn't listen clearly, because my ears were only hearing a sharp-pitched shriek. 

Somehow, I had gotten to a grey room. Ha, it was nice to see a bit of colour. Ish. I was being lifted into a water bath... thing.

"Put your hands off of me!" He yelled at them, as they started removing my hospital gown. Stuff silence, I'm not getting naked! Possessed, tested, or whenever! 

"Destery. Please, let us continue our work. One hour, max, and you'll find yourself in your own room with a friend." A more soothing voice cooed, but it was not making me any calmer. I pushed all the hands off, but it was too late. I seemed to be stark-naked in a pool of green water.

I hissed at everyone, only to find a dark object being slid above me.

"NO! What are you doing! NO!" I screamed. I scratched at the marble lid, but it slammed shut. I could here voices, noises... I only started to yell the hymns. I wasn't me anymore. 

My nails started to bleed, I couldn't see them but I could feel the wetness drip down my bare arms. My mind was somewhere else by this point, I only let the demons overtake me.

I didn't know how long it lasted, how long I was in there, but I remember one thing. The water rose, and everything went blank.