Chapter 3

Lucy's POV

I woke up to someone jabbing my side. Thanks, friend. (Note the sarcasm.) I groaned and sat up, rubbing my eyes.

"Who's 'ere?" I mumbled, looking around the room. My eyes landed on a smiling Yukino.

"Hey Lucy! Vitri told me to wake you and Hisui up! Hisui was already awake, but I still woke you up!" I sigh.

"Yeah, yeh... Do you have those extra clothes..?" I ask. I was currently wearing an old mini-skirt and a tank top.

"Oh, Graeca asked me to give you these," She says, handing me a silk white dress, with a golden silk belt, along with a white sun hat with a golden ribbon around it ,"And to tell you, 'These clothes are fashionable, yet comfortable to move in. Perfect training clothes!'. See ya in the clearing in 10!" I sigh as Yukino walks out of my room, shuffling the vines we all used as doors until you couldn't see through them (these were thick vines). I sighed and got changed into the dress and hat, then loosely braided my hair, tying it together with a white ribbon. I put on some white flats I brought from home and walked outside, into the clearing.

"Lucy! Over here!" I looked to the right and saw Graeca waving at me. I walked over to her, smiling.

"Hi Graeca! Lovely morning, ne?" She giggles and nods.

"Follow me, I'll show you where we're training. It's high up on a distant mountain, so the light won't blind others. Come on, now!" I followed Graeca until, finally, we were in front of a mountain. Graeca looked at me and spoke.

"Okay, we're going to fly to the top. Chant, 'Angel Wings', and focus your magic power to your back, then imagine it sprouting into wings. Control it, though, else your magic power will fly everywhere." I nod and focus. When I can feel the magic power sprouting, I chant,

"Angel Wings!" Afterwards, bright feathery wings sprouted from my back. They had a slight golden tint to them, and they shone in the sunlight.

"Congrats! It usually takes about 5 tries to get the Angel Wings down! Now c'mon, fly!" Graeca flaps her wings and flies up about 10 ft., then looks down at me, smiling. I move my wings and eventually flap, flying up about 5 ft. I flap again, but with more steadiness, and fly up about 20 ft. Soon enough, me and Graeca are racing to the top. Graeca won, of course, but she said I did pretty well for my first time flying.

"Okay, Lucy. Focus on the skies, imagine it's bright heavens granting you power. Once you feel it, chant, 'Angel's Power'. It will enable you to learn Angel's magic." I focus for about 10 minutes, and eventually, I feel power surging through my soul. I open my eyes and chant,

"Angel's Power!" The magic around me begins spreading throughout my body, and I eventually catch my breath. Graeca claps excitedly and smiles brightly at me.

"Good job! Okay, I want you to run up and down the mountain 50 times, then cone back up here, do 50 push-ups, 50 sit-ups, then do 100 laps around the mountain, but flying. Chop chop!" I stare at her like she was a madwoman. Does she really expect me to do that?!

"Go on, we don't have all day! You need to increase your stamina! After that, we'll unlock your second, third, fourth, and fifth origins. Tomorrow, we'll increase 50 on everything, and unlock your origins until the tenth. Now go!" I sigh and reluctantly begin running.

=+timeskip, after training day 1+=

OH MY GOD! MY EVERYTHING HURTS SO MUCH! Graeca seems innocent, BUT THEN SHE TORTURES YOU UNTIL YOU CAN'T EVEN BREATHE! I sigh and fall onto my comfortable bed, hearing the same noise from my roommates. Seems like they all went through harsh training. Oh, and apparently, these wings are permanent! I can only hide them once I learn the spell, 'Hidden Wings'. And that'll take FOREVER! Ughhh, I'm going to die here. Oh well, time to sleep.