Part of Me -- Jasper Hale -- 13

After a few more hours, I was calm enough to talk and think clearly. Jasper had helped me stop shaking. 

“So what are we going to say?” Carlisle asked.

“I can tell them everything and you guys can tell them your point of view,” I said. “We’ll need proof too.”

“What kind of proof?” Emmett asked.

“When Edward and Bella saved me, there was the syringe Adam had, I bet it’s still down there,” I noted. 

“We’ll go check,” Edward said getting up with Bella. 

An hour passed and Edward and Bella had yet to return. We all walked to the room, Jasper and I leading, to see an empty room. Furious, I ran to the room where Maria and Adam were. I could hear the others calling after me, but I was peeved. 

“You are fast,” Jasper commented. “Now, Catherine think about this, what will happen if-”

“Jasper, I have to deal with this, you can come, but I had rage and I have to yell at them,” I pouted. He didn’t say anything, but he followed me as I approached the door. 

“What brings you to this level of the castle, sweetheart?” Adam asked innocently.

“You, berk! What did you do to our friends!?” 

“Catherine, we did nothing to them,” Maria replied.

“You little-”

There was a knock on the door. We looked to see Demetri smirking from the door frame, “Aro would like all of you in the main chamber.”

In the main chamber we waited until the other Cullens joined us, then Aro came in. He was smiling and he walked up to the throne with a few vampires to his sides and behind him. Renata, is his shield; and the notorious twins, Jane and Alec.

He asked for each side of the story. Adam went first with Maria before I got to explain my side. Aro nodded as if he was thinking, “Perfect.”

“What do you mean, master?” Jane asked. 

“It seems hard to figure out which is the real side so you will have to battle.”

“Now?” Gale asked. 

“No - at your weakest, such intolerance deserves a great punishment in which Caius had a marvelous idea.”

“Which was...?” Adam asked.

“A fight to the death between some of the causes of the intolerance,” Aro smiled. 

“All of us will fight to the death?” Carlisle asked. 

“No, my friend, Adam and Maria will take part of it, but Catherine will as well,” Aro replied. 

I felt Jasper grab my hand. 

“Where are Edward and Bella?” I asked. 

“They will be released after the fight. If you don’t agree, they’ll be killed,” Aro told us. 

“Who else is fighting?” Maria asked. 

“The Romanians, some southerns, and some nomads,” Aro told us. “They will consume no blood for a week before they are let out to fight. There is an indestructible arena set up to hold everyone.”

“What?” Carlisle asked as some guards came in and dragged Maria and Adam out. I heard another coming for me and I sent Jasper a helpless look.

“Jasper!” 

He sighed, but we both knew I couldn’t get out of this. “Just fight your hardest, like your fighting me and you should win.”

I felt like I was being drugged again and this had to have been the hundredth time this week, but that didn’t matter as soon as I was out cold. When I was unconscious I had the weirdest dream...

The arena had appeared endless to me, it was massive! It was mostly a tree filled area, but with all the animals - even little bugs - removed. 

I was starving and by the way the others were hunched over, I think my opponents were as well. I ran. I heard some shrieks knowing the fighting began. With all my strength I climbed up a tree just above a patch of Juniper bushes, the plant my mother used to love. I was a lawyer, not a fighter. The fact that I had beaten Jasper meant nothing.

Most of the ten competitors were dead by now, and not even five minutes have passed yet. I looked around and saw the Romanians still alive as well as one of the nomads. 

I assumed it was only four of us. I hopped out of the tree ducking into the juniper bushes. Since our senses were dulled, the others were probably desperately looking around for food. Too bad the whole area was cleared out. I had the urge to look for blood, but I knew I was use up what little energy I had if I did. 

“There Stephan, if the tree branch!” Vlad called a few feet away from the juniper bushes. 

“What is it?” Stephan asked. 

“I think it’s a blood bag!” Vlad cried out. 

The two vampires rushed up the tree and picked up a blood bag that had one tiny drop of blood  inside of it - not even enough to come close to quenching the thirst that burned out throats. 

Vlad and Stephan glared at each other and I slowly saw them become more animalistic. 

Vladimir glared at his ‘friend’ and let out a low growl. The way a lion would defend it’s lunch. They were fighting for such a small thing to. Shame. 

Stephan let out a similar growl in return, but somehow his was more frightening. 

They ended up both dead and thirsty. It was just me and the European nomad. I believe his name was, Ace. Thankfully, our senses were dulled so he couldn’t hear me in the bushes. 

“Fille! Sortir! Come out, girl!” Ace called, his accent thick. 

I heard a scream and he was gone. Then, there was a growl. It appeared there was another opponent in the arena. I peeked from my spot in the bushes to see someone who might have been Jasper. 

He looked more animalistic than the Jasper I knew, and Ace’s dead body was near him. Limbs were torn off and scattered across the clearing. 

He noticed me and growled. 

“Jasper,” I said in a warning tone; coming out from my hiding spot and bracing myself to fight. 

He growled in response stepping towards me, towering over me and causing me to shrink back in fear. 

“You don’t want to do this, Jasper,” I told him.

He continued to step towards me menacingly. His eyes were dark as pitch and his glare was burning holes into me. 

“Jasper!” I screamed as he pinned me to the tree. He pinned me to the tree before tearing off my limbs saving my head for last. I was screaming the whole time. 

It was so real. Vivid. Was I alive or dead? Was this real or not real? 

I woke up and took in my surroundings. I was in a pod and heard a countdown starting - the fight has begun.