Chapter 4

Ten dresses and still Clarissa wasn't satisfied.

She still can't decide to herself if she is pleased on how I look on the dresses that she made me try. All those have been so stunning that I look so unfit of wearing it. There was a lot of diverse styles and colors painting the floor like the rainbow.

Clarissa now looks irked. She's pulling her hair while pacing in her own room. Her hand on her chin and her face pictured with a scowl. She appears to be the one having a problem and not me. I was just borrowing from her and whatever she will lend to me will just suffice. But she seems dead on in finding me perfect clothing.

She abruptly stopped in her tracks and her eyes lit up as if she have thought up something so astonishing that she's beaming impishly. "I know! Come, come!" she said dragging me out of her chamber headed for the part of the house I haven't explored yet. Asher was just tagging along soundlessly behind us, amusement plastered on his face whilst I am already drained from trying on dresses. My arms are already sagging. She keeps dragging me till we stopped in front of an old looking door with carvings on its surface. It creaks as she unlocks them. Inside was looks like a stock room for timeworn things. Divans, cupboards, dressers, and horde of other things concealed in white cloth to protect them from dusts. Clarissa then opens a huge wardrobe in the corner and rummage in it while blabbing away. "I just got the perfect colors that will match your skin and hair perfectly." She keeps on pulling out clothes and discarding it to the side.

"Aha! Found them!" she finally bellowed.

She hauled out a bunch of things from it and rushed in our direction. "Let's go back to my room." She ordered us smiling.

We trailed her back not knowing what her plot is. She seems like a mademoiselle in a mission and she's not giving up until she succeeds.

We reached her chambers and she hurried me inside the changing room straightaway to try what she has took from the stock room. To my astonishment, the dresses were amazing. Nothing that I have seen before. Most of them are weaved in laces and silk. Colors only vary from black, gold, pale slate, spring wood and white. None of Clarissa's gowns that she had made me try before can compare to the dresses that I am presently going to wear and so was the others.

I became thrilled. My heart is pumping fast from excitement.

There was a knock on the door and Clarissa's voice came next. "Aimee, are you done?" she asked.

"Yeah. I'll be out in a minute." I responded.

I am presently wearing a black laced dress that reaches the floor and sleeves that reaches my wrists. Inside was a skin tone silk tube dress that conceals my flesh from the almost see-though lace.

When I came out, Asher and Clarissa are staring at me like I'm a creature from another dimension. They are just standing there frozen, and Asher's mouth is slightly ajar. My excitement diminished thinking that the dress did not suite me because of their reactions.

I looked down. Abashed of having this ambition of entering the competition. As if I will have any chances at all. For goodness sakes, most of the girls that entered are gorgeous, rich, and noble. They commonly came from well-respected families that have connections with the royals. How can a peasant like me have any chance to win?

You're the Prince's real Beloved.

Maybe.

I hope that being his Beloved will give me advantage. But as long as we don't meet, that will never happen.