Chapter 5 : His Jewel

Text Copyright ©Cristelle Mae Gille ™ 2014

INTERMEZZO

He was quietly sitting on the chair beside his father the King. They were at the long table in his father’s office with the kingdoms council deliberating about the upcoming event which is, the competition of selecting the rightful queen who will allegedly stand beside him.

He doesn’t care though.

Bored and irritated, he stood up. Silencing the bickering of the old council men.

“Father, may I be excused?” he asked.

The king looked at his son, feeling pity on him for his son’s suffering. He knew that his son yearns for his true beloved yet he cannot break the tradition. He must hand over the kingdom to his eldest but the tradition says that to become a king, one must have his queen. So he ordered a competition to search for a girl most fit to be his son’s queen.

“Of course Edmund. You may go my son.” The king responded.

Edmund bowed before his father then turned around, leaving the old people to decide his fate as he walked out the door.

Quietly, he walked through the silent and eerie halls of the palace toward his chambers.  Tired of all the work that he had to do as a prince, he laid down on his bed and sighed.

Thoughts about all those years that he had wasted without his beloved consumed him. He wants her. He wants her now. The thought of having his destines one in his arms gave shivers all over his body.

He was always jealous of his best friend Claudius who have already found his beloved when he was sixteen. They were together at that time. Him and Claude, as he calls him, went to a merchants traveling market outside the kingdom’s gate to find proof of a rumoured beauty of a jewel that was for sale. They wanted to look at it and if they were satisfied, he decided to buy it for keeping.

At that moment that they have arrives at the stall, the girl that was selling the jewel was his friend’s beloved. They were awe struck and they were together ever since.

Looking at the jewel now displayed at a crystal enclosure in his room made him decide that if he ever find his beloved, he will give it to her. For it’s beautiful greyish blue colour that came from across the seas, the white diamonds the surrounds the beauty of the Hope diamond, as the merchant called it, made the blue more vibrant. Surrounded by white gold chains they was studded with various little diamonds makes it shine like stars in the sky.

If he finds his beloved, that is.

Or maybe, her beauty would may not even compare to the all the jewels the he have seen in his life.

That is the mystery to it. What will she look like? What will she be like? Will she love him back?

Sighing again, he closed his eyes imagining to himself the future he will have with his true beloved by his side and not some ambitious girls who only want the title and the crown.

“Bring her to me, please. Oh goddess. I yearn for her.” Edmund prayed.

At that thought, he fell into a deep slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of the jewel in the side... ===========>>

I KNOW IT HAS BEEN SO LONG SINCE I HAVE UPDATED. AND I AM REALLY REALLY SORRY FOR THAT. I HOPE THIS CHAPTER SATISFIES YOU WITH. 

THIS CHAPTER IS IN 3RD PERSON POV BECAUSE I STILL WANT IT TO REMAIN AIMEE'S STORY BUT I JUST WANT TO SHOW YOU HOW PRINCE EDMUND IS DOING FOR THOSE CURIOUS MINDS OF YOURS.

HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER.

PLEASE VOTE/COMMENT!

YOU PEOPLE KNOW WHAT TO DO.. ^_^

~SCYRENNE