Part 3

RK furiously gulped down his drink as he thought of his folly. In spite of knowing that he can't sire children he had always been careful to protect himself from HIV. He knew Madhu was clean, he had made sure of that but still he had used protection the previous day but today he had forgotten. The reason he hadn't used one was because he was so consumed by passion he couldn't think straight and then there was another part of him that did trust her, he trusted her to not sleep around while she was with him and that was reason his mind had not been alert on the matter. He was angry at himself for trusting a complete stranger like her. Then he was angry at fate for snatching a family from him. He had an accident 7 years ago, and the doctor had told him that he could never sire children. He had wanted a family with kids but alas that was not the case now. It still did hurt something fierce. The reason he had decided not to marry was because of this. This is the reason he had moved from women to women, never sticking with one but then that had also tired him to no end, and he needed a permanency and that was Madhu, a permanency for the time being. "Food is ready." Madhu tells him. RK was about to tell her that he didn't want but decided against it. He didn't want her to know that not having kids was affecting him so much, he hated for other's to see his weakness. So he simply nods at her and walks to the dining table. 

Madhu wiped her tears as she lay alone on the bed. After dinner he had left. Without a word he had just walked out, and she had waited for him for over two hours to realize that he was not going to come back. That was when she truly realized what she was to him. Nothing more than a sex toy. And she had been living in an imaginary world where things were different and that she mattered to him like he mattered to her. He was the only man to touch her, the only man to come in her life while she was one of the women in his life, there were many before her and there will be many after her. Somehow it hurt to thing that she didn't mean anything to him. Life was more bearable when she had turned a blind eye to the truth but now she knew better. They were not going to last long, once he gets bored with her he will throw her out and she will have to forget all of this like a dream and go away. It would be better if she didn't try to make life bearable by sugar coating the truth and believe there was more to this than it really is, otherwise life after Rishab Kundra would be miserable. She couldn't afford to fall in love with him. She can like him and sleep with him but nothing more than that.

Sitting at the apartment half the morning nothing to do, Madhu decided to keep herself entertained by stitching. She had thought of giving the curtains and cushions out for stitching but changed her mind and decided to do it by herself. Taking some money from the money Rishab had given as her monthly allowance she decided to buy sewing machine. She was about to leave the apartment when she realized that Rishab had told her that he would come when he felt like it and he would be definitely mad if she was not home when he comes. She quickly calls him. "What is it?" he barked on the phone instead of a hello. She knew without a doubt he knew it was she on the phone but how did he know it was her? Then she realized that he had sent the sim so he would obviously have her number. "I don't have all day!" "I called to check if you would be coming home anytime now." "What did I tell you about questioning me?" he asks furiously. "I wanted to go out, so if you were going to come I'll stay here else I thought..." "I am not coming now. And I have better things to do than coming to you." That hurt, more than she cared to admit. Her eyes stung with tears and her throat closed up as she tried to gulp down the sob.  "Is there anything else?" "Hmmm hmph." She mumbles as she knew she would start crying if she opened her mouth and quickly hangs up. Sitting on the floor she wipes her tears, why did she care for a man who treated her like this? Why does she keep forgetting her place? She was nothing more than a mistress; she was not his wife or girlfriend. She was his mistress. She had walked into this with a clear mind. She had thought this through for weeks before she had decided. She was prepared for the physical intimacy, what she hadn't been prepared for was that she would like it and him, and along with it she would need an emotional intimacy with him.