Part 12

Madhu cups his face and tells him as tears fell down her eyes, "You ask me today... you ask me on my last day on this earth, my answer will be the same. If I can't have your baby then I don't want a baby."  

RK leans towards her and takes her lips in his kissing her as if his life depended on it. Madhu hugs him tight as she kissed him back.

RK cups her face and tells her "I love you, Madhu."

Madhu's breath gets caught in her as she looked at him in surprise and shock. She had never thought he would say it to her.

"I love you. I can't tell you how much I love you. You are..." RK struggles to find the right word to tell her how much he loves her, finally realizing that he could never express to her how much he loves her he simply says, "You are me. You are my very life."

Hearing him, Madhu bursts out into tears.

"Madhu?" RK looks at her worried.

"I love you, Rishabh." Madhu tells him as she hugged him tight.

"Madhu, why are you crying?" RK asks her worried.

"Because I am happy." Madhu sniffs.

"Every time you cry, I die a little. Please don't cry." RK pleads her.

Madhu wipes her tears and smiles at him. "I stopped crying."

RK chuckles hearing her and he takes her lips in his again as he started removing her clothes.

RK watches Madhu as she played with his hand snuggling close to him. He wanted to ask her to marry him and he knew she would say yes. He wondered whether he should do it in grand scale befitting her or keep it simple. She would prefer the simple way, he realized. He smiles as he kissed her temple lovingly. Madhu turns to look at him and smile. RK smiles lovingly at her. Rudr was right, Madhu and Mom should meet. He wanted Madhu to meet his mother and that is when he remembered Madhu saying that she was no longer the girl a man took proudly to meet his mother. And he decided then and there that he will not take Madhu to meet his mom, he would bring his mother to meet Madhu. Madhu deserved nothing less.

"What are you thinking?" Madhu asks him.

RK shakes his head. He'll ask her to marry him when he brings his mother to meet Madhu.

Hearing his mobile ring, he picks it up.

"Rudr?"

"Listen... I can't make it for dinner tonight. Is tomorrow fine?" Rudr asks him.

"Dinner?" RK asks surprised.

"You invited me for dinner yesterday, right?"

"Oh yeah... just a sec." RK turns to Madhu and asks her, "Is it okay if Rudr comes for dinner tomorrow?" Madhu nods her head in surprise. "Yeah.. it is cool."

"Okay great... I'll come around 7-ish... is that fine?"

"Absolutely." RK replies smiling and hangs up.

"Why is Rudr coming?" Madhu asks curiously as she sat up.

"I thought you two should get to know each other." RK tells her smiling.

"Oh!"

"Listen, Madhu... yesterday I told Rudr everything." RK tells her.

"Everything?"

"Everything that has happened between us. I didn't want him to doubt you and I don't want you to doubt him. you both are very important to me."

"I don't doubt him anymore." Madhu tells him smiling.