Part 15

Dedicating this part to each and every reader of mine, for liking my stories and appreciating them... I am not going to name anyone as I don't want to miss anyone's name

Madhu looks at him as she remembered and asks him, "Rishabh... why did your father try to kill me?" 

"Kuku Uncle?" RK asks her in shock not understanding what she meant by that. 

"I saw him. He was driving... the car." Madhu whispers to him with great difficulty. 

Why would Kuku Uncle try to kill Madhu? Could Madhu be hallucinating?  

"He was going to hit me again when people intervened." Madhu tells him. 

Oh God! He really tried to kill Madhu? but why? What did Madhu ever do to him? 

"We have to take her in now." the nurse informs RK. 

RK nods and he gently kisses Madhu and tells her "Madhu.... you are going to be fine. Nothing is going to happen to you." 

"You are here. Nothing will happen to us." Madhu tells him smiling. 

RK was momentarily shocked and filled with guilt hearing her trust in him, and he had almost didn't trust her. he had thought she had betrayed him.  

"I am sorry, it took me a while to realize the truth." RK tells her with tears. 

"You trust me now. That is enough for me." 

"I love you, Madhu." RK tells her as he caressed her before she could tell him of her love she was wheeled away.  

RK stood back watching the door close then he turns around to go see Kuku Batia. 

"Mr Kundra." A nurse calls him as she hurried behind him. 

"What happened?" RK asks worried as he stopped in fear. "She is fine right?" 

"Yes... please sign the consent form." 

"Consent form?" RK asks confused. 

"Yes, it basically says that you understand that her condition is critical and that the loss of blood could lead to a miscarriage and if it becomes necessary to go in for an abortion then we can go ahead with it." 

RK stops in shock as he looked at the consent form. 

What the hell was he going to do? Go and take revenge from Kuku Batia? Going to avenge Madhu and their baby? When Madhu and their baby, a baby for whom he had been craving for seven long years was fighting for their life, to stay alive, who were in that condition because he had doubted Madhu for the most critical hours of their lives? How could he even think of Kuku Batia when his Madhu and their baby were on an operating table? He should be here, he should be with Madhu when she wakes up not anywhere else. 

"Mr Kundra?" 

Without a word he takes the consent form and signs it.

Two hours later, RK was in Madhu's room tired waiting for them to bring her to her room.  

Rudr turns on the news and RK tired looks up to see the flash news of Kuku Batia's arrest for murder attempt on Rishabh Kundra's fiance and unborn child. 

"How many times are you going to watch this?" RK asks Rudr irately. 

Rudr turns off the TV without a word. "You know why I did it, don't you?" Rudr asks him. 

"So I won't kill him?" RK asks him. 

"He is my father." Rudr explains. 

"I know, Rudr."