Chapter 7

When we pulled up to the clinic oddly enough a lot of guys were in the waiting area. We checked in and gave me paperwork to fill out. Afterward, we sat silently in the waiting room for our turn. A baby catalog caught my interest so I picked it up and began to skim through it. The objects was very nice and surprisingly cheap. I check the cover and made note of the manufacturer. Axton leaned in and looked through it with me. He kept pointing at things he found cute or nice. From this, I could tell he wanted a girl. He paid no mind to the little boy stuff but when it came to all the cutesy girly things he couldn't help but point it out. I personally don't care about the gender because the fact of the matter is I want to not be pregnant.

My name was called and I arose dreadfully from my seat. We went to the back where a nurse checked my vitals weight, height, and stuff. We were put into a room and had to wait for the doctor to come. Axton sat in the doctor's chair and rolled around the room before I hissed at him to stop. He did, of course, out of fear of angering me further. He sat beside me on the clinic bed and place a hand gingerly on my stomach.

"I know it's wrong for us to do this at such a young age but isn't it kinda cool?" He asked looking at me. I gave him a bewildered look and he rolled his eyes. "I don't know if you know Jacob but you're doing something everyone seems to think is impossible. You're defying laws of the earth by carrying this child. Our child."

Before I could respond the doctor came in. Axton got off the bed and sat on the guest chair. He noticed my staring and gave me a reassuring smile. The doctor rolled in front of me and looked through the clipboard.

"So you think you're pregnant?" He asked looking at me and I nodded. "No offense in my asking but you came to this conclusion how exactly?"

"I took like eight tests and they all came back positive," I answered and he scoffed

"Yea I suppose you can't really fight that huh?" He said with a slight laugh. "So I will draw blood because that seems to be a bit more honest than urine. Do you have a conception date?"

"Around the fifteenth of September," Axton answered for me

The doctor nodded. He got a needle from a drawer and put on some gloves. He did what he had to do and left the room to test the blood. After a half hour, I was told to pee in a cup by a nurse. I did so and then more blood was drawn. This could not be good. It was as if my fears had been confirmed. Especially when a lady rolled in with ultrasound machine. She gave Axton a bright smile as he helped her get it inside the room.

"So I am going to do a quick ultrasound alright dear?" I nod. "Pull up your shirt and pull down your pants."

I pull my shirt up all the way and inch my pants down. She laughed and told me to do more than that. I inch them down again and she laughed harder. I gave her a look and she told me to pull them down just above my penis. I flush in embarrassment but do as I'm told. She put the gel on me and a shiver went down my spine. She rolled around a few times and gasped. She got up and got the doctor to bring him in.

"You see right there where his testis are supposed to be. That little circle is his ovaries as well. He has a uterus where his prostate should be and a cervix which is shared with his rectum," She told him pointing it out on the monitor. "And there's the fetus. A normal fifteen-week fetus."

"How peculiar," The doctor said going in close to examine. "So do you want to keep it? Abortion is always an option."

"No," I scoffed making Axton give me a weird look. "I meant no I won't kill it."

"Are we gonna keep it, though?" He asked me.

"That's something we can't decide now. We have to talk to our parents. We need to figure out what's happening. By the next appointment, we can have all that stuff figured," I said and he nodded.

"You're next appointment will be January 21st. You will be twenty weeks by then. Oh, yea! Your due date is approximately June 3rd," She said. "Do you want prints?"

"Yes, please. Can I get a small wallet size one as well?" Axton asked and the nurse nodded.

Axton helped me get the gel off of my stomach and we waited for her to come back with prints. Our appointment was over and Axton couldn't stop looking at the ultrasound pictures. Every time the car stopped he would take it out of his wallet and look at it. I felt relief to know he wasn't an asshole in all of this. When we got back to Axton's house I recognized my mom's car in the driveway. I quickly got out and went inside the house. Axton was on my heels as well.

"Hey, guys look at the-."

Axton was silenced from the smack that rang through the room. My mother had hit me. She was in tears and she smacked me once more. She went for another but Axton caught her wrist to stop her. She ripped away from his grasp. My father lets out a deep sigh. He put his mug down and stood up to gather my mother.

"I suppose this is somewhat our fault as well," My father said. "We never told you, you are a hermaphrodite."

"But he's gay!" My mother exclaimed through her tears. "We thought we would never have to tell him, Kevin. Where did we go wrong? Is it because we stopped going to church you thought it would be okay to be so disgusting?!"

"Deborah!" Miss Bianca exclaimed. "I will not have you talk that way to a boy who has made a simple mistake. He's pregnant dammit so you're going to have to live with it. I thought you told us you would love Jacob no matter what. Now, look at you in a fucked up state all because your God said so!"

"Bianca, honey, be respectful it's their religion," Leon warned

"I can't stand it! I really can't. I have to make some cookies or something because my blood is boiling. Oh, boy, is it boiling," Miss Bianca raved as she made her way into the kitchen to make cookies.

My father ran a hand through his graying hair. He patted my mother's hair before letting out a sigh.

"I feel as though it would be best if you slept over here tonight with Axton," He said. "Let Deborah calm down and we can talk about this again some other time alright. I'll be by later with your stuff okay?"

I nodded absently. My mother screamed and shouted as my father took her away. I stood still in the living room. Axton hugged me from behind putting his face in my neck. When I noticed my shoulder was beginning to feel wet I turn around to see him crying.

"Axton, what the hell?" I question and he sniffles.

"I-It's all my fault!" He cried

"I don't blame you, Axton. Calm down," I tried to reassure him but he simply shook his head in disagreement.

"You should, though! I took advantage of you Jacob. It's all because I couldn't control my feelings for you," He said making me perk up a little

"Axton do you like me?" I question and he stopped crying.

"Why? Who said that? Mom you need help!"

I tried to grab him as he ran away but he skillfully dodged me. I look to Leon and he simply shrugs. I go upstairs to take a shower and reflect on the day. I laugh at Miss Bianca and the anger she exerted. She's such a sweet woman that I can't even imagine. I put on a pair of Axton's boxers and a shirt of his. I was planning on taking a nap but I heard the timer telling me the cookies were done. So I decided to have that instead. I went downstairs and the O'Hara family greeted me with pleasant smiles and chocolate chip cookies.