Chapter 10

Axton has decided to take me on a date. I was beginning to catch a cold but he insisted we had at least one formal date. After he promised it wouldn't be anything extravagant I reluctantly agreed. We drove for a little while before he brought me to a hole in the wall restaurant on the outskirts of town. We were seated and he looked at me as I looked through the menu.

       "I feel as though we know each really well already," He says

       "We've know each other for practical five months," I respond and he nods

       "What's it like? Being pregnant?" He asked and I shrug.

       "It's not as bad as I thought. I'm tired and I eat a little more than I should but I don't have morning sickness. I'm kind of worried about that. An easy pregnancy leads to a fussy baby," I say and he smiles.

       He goes to say something but our waiter approaches our table. He asked for my order first which makes Axton scowl at him. Once he left Axton swore up and down the waiter had a thing for me. I blush at the thought but simply wave it off as well. No way could a guy who obviously sees me on a date be attracted to me.

       "If you don't mind my saying you're really cute," The waiter said to me as he gives us our food.

       "So you see me sitting across from him and just say fuck it right?" Axton snarled

       "Are you dating? Sorry, I didn't know. You don't look gay," The waiter apologized

       "Don't scare him too bad Axton," I say cutting into my steak.

       Axton sucked his teeth before shooing the waiter away. He ranted for a small while about it and I laughed at his behavior. Sometimes he acts like a child. After dinner we went to a small lake that was near. We sat on the hood of his car and looked at the stars. He had a hand rubbing down the nape of my neck while he was somewhere deep in his thoughts.

       "How long have you liked me?" I asked him pulling him away from his thoughts. He seemed surprised by the question. "The way you act with me. You didn't start liking me this year right? So how long?"

       "One day when I was going to school after just getting my license about two blocks away I almost hit this boy who was with some guy I didn't know. I brushed it off but when I actually got to school this tiny tot got in my face about how I almost killed him and his brother. I was forced to apologize and I hated that guy for a while. So I began to watch him criticize everything he did. His brother graduated and he became a small fish in a swarm. Some of the things he did was extremely cute. I found him cute. I started to like him. I don't think it ever stopped," Axton explained. "That tiny tot was you if you don't get it."

       "I was a freshman then. You had to be a sophomore. Three years?" I clarified and he nodded

       "Why did you never tell me? Why did you act like you never knew who I was?"

       "It would've been weird if I already knew you. Plus, I had never liked another guy in my life. I had to come to terms with the fact that I'm not entirely straight. Besides you are straight Jacob," He explained, "You will never look at another guy the way you look at me. Before I came along you didn't even know how to look at a guy in a romantic way. My feelings for you are one thing but I can't force us to be together isn't that selfish on my part. After all I've done."

       "Stop blaming yourself Axton. If I were that mad I wouldn't even be talking to you right now let alone on a date."

       "Do you like me Jacob?"